Favourite moment as a wednesday supporter.

14 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

There was Aggro during the match. I saw it  from the side terrace on the Ponte end and also on the opposite side where the new stand is now.

It just as well i got away quickly because some of the Barnsley fans were in an real ugly moodWTF:

My favourite moments were the Cup SF's we won in the 90s, beating Chelsea, the Pigs and Blackburn, the atmosphere and everything about those games was memorable and immense, as well as beating Man United in the Final. Apart from the 90s it's mostly been bleak following Wednesday in my lifetime.

Ever since 2000 the only highlights have been Brentford and Hartlepool in the third tier play offs, pipping the Pigs to second in the third tier and beating Brighton in the second tier play offs and the atmosphere at Wembley against Hull. It's been miserable ever since Hull. 

1 hour ago, Lee Strafford said:

[1] Bouncing in the roof at Wembley in 1991

[2] Derby double 2009 - despite being spat in my face in the directors box at Bramhall Lane, absolutely loved the dash across town and the second half at Hillsborough.

[3] Sat in the KOP for David Hirst debut goal v Everton

[4] 20,000 shirts sold benefiting the Children hospital and also setting record income for kit sales.

[5] Waddle West Ham game

[6] Chelsea League Cup semi final at Hillsborough

[7] Not much room in the Kop as Imre ran the length of the pitch v Forest

[8] 2005 Play-off final despite having gut rot

[9] 1st goal at Hillsborough - Andy McCulloch from a corner at the Lep end while I was standing bottom of LeP corner

[10] Waddle free-kick at Wembley - couldn't afford to go to the game and so watched on the telly - was also sitting bringing through Wisdom teeth with no pain relief as family business liquidation and associated non maintenance of NI contributions meant I could not get NHS based dentist treatment - I'm sure if I had been there and wasn't in so much pain its would have come higher up the list!

For me

Many of the ones previously mentioned but these stand out.

Burnley QF replay

Stoke away in the League Cup or whatever it was called that season

Shelts overhead kick

Winning at Anfield, we said we'd be back and we are, that was magical

Winning at Old Trafford on New Years Day

Best single Wednesday moment

Newcastle at home , 83/84 season , stood on the uncovered kop when the 4th goal went in.

It was the first time I absolutely believed  Sheffield Wednesday were going back to the First Division.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grumpy grandad said:

luxembourg away 4 days away with a crew from PARK HOTEL seeing wednesday coach arrive and players stood up applauding fans on roadside. quality moments never to be forgot

I remember all the fans going from the Park Hotel really clearly!

Owlstalk Shop

On 09/03/2021 at 06:13, Geedee said:

Best single Wednesday moment

Newcastle at home , 83/84 season , stood on the uncovered kop when the 4th goal went in.

It was the first time I absolutely believed  Sheffield Wednesday were going back to the First Division.

I was there but not on the kop with you. Superb atmosphere that day. Keegan was well moody after losing the game, said something like "They'll struggle once the heavy pitches come"!

20210311_140717.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Since 1971 said:

I was there but not on the kop with you. Superb atmosphere that day. Keegan was well moody after losing the game, said something like "They'll struggle once the heavy pitches come"!

20210311_140717.jpg

then you'll love this Keegan Diitty.

On 08/03/2021 at 23:02, sexpistol said:

There was Aggro during the match. I saw it  from the side terrace on the Ponte end and also on the opposite side where the new stand is now.

There's always aggro at Barnsley. 

Had so many, but I’d have to say the Play-Off final at Cardiff. The overall day itself was amazing, and the nature of how we won the game was just immense. The tension of coming back from 1-2 down, to win like we did was incredible. The nerves when Maclean was stepping up for the pen 😱😱

8 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Ninian Park last match of the season 1983/84.won 2-0 and then climbed over the fence and on to the pitch to celebrate the end of our 15 year exile from the top flight.

Yes remember that. Loads of fancy dress. Someone raised a pig's head up and a chant of "Keith Edwards" started.

we didn't play that well that day and somehow won 2-0. Then the excitement went round on a false story that Chelsea had not won and we were champions.....didn't spoil the day one bit though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Since 1971 said:

Yes remember that. Loads of fancy dress. Someone raised a pig's head up and a chant of "Keith Edwards" started.

we didn't play that well that day and somehow won 2-0. Then the excitement went round on a false story that Chelsea had not won and we were champions.....didn't spoil the day one bit though.

Didn't really matter that we didn't win the 2nd Div title.More importantly we just knew that we'd ended our long exile and celebrated in the only way we can.