Favourite moment as a wednesday supporter.

Plenty of my fave moments mentioned by others. 
Haven’t seen mention of Hirst scoring and keeping a clean sheet against Man City. Just sticks in my mind as a particularly joyous occasion!

I just remember him pulling the goalie shirt on and every time he made a save or even touched the ball just giving him a massive cheer. What a bloke!

Sam Hutchinson laughing his face off caught in the back of the net just after he scored our third against Arsenal. Then seeing the whole team in the net congratulating him.

That and Kieran Lee’s goal against Brighton.

Ive celebrated goals more, certainly. But these two goals were just moments of immense satisfaction.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Sam Hutchinson laughing his face off caught in the back of the net just after he scored our third against Arsenal. Then seeing the whole team in the net congratulating him.

I went all pixellated and had to take a breather during that celebration.

:duntmatter:

It was all a bit weird, really. I was screaming so much that I actually forgot to breathe!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest hirstysfags
44 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

All of them and more. There have been some amazing times.....its just sad that theyre so long ago...

Dont think anyones mentioned kieran lee v brizzle 3_2 winner

Absolutely!

A reward for those of us who braved it and stayed to the end 

Without a doubt, for me, Mark Bright's winner against the pigs at Wembley '93.

Closely followed by the look on Steve Evans face after Kieran Lee's 98th minute winner 2015.lol

13 hours ago, paulrs said:

If we’re talking moments where I most lost it...

- Wilson’s volley hitting the net v Chelsea

- Hirsts outrageous goal 2 mins into Judas Atkinsons return

- Waddle’s SF free kick v Pigs

- Waddle’s replay equaliser v Arsenal 

- Talbots clincher v Hartlepool

- Antonio’s winner v Carlisle 

Lots and lots of others, Sheridan at Wembley obviously, Hirst & Tudgay at the Sty, Kaiserslautern, the Brighton play-off.... but these stand out for me personally 

All those were wonderful moments. I said I'd never go to Wembley until Wednesday got there. In 1975 that looked unlikely so I went to watch Matlock with Peter Swan. Then in 1993 I got  to  Wembley with my own club. Singing Abide with me, tears streaming down my face remembering my Dad before the FA Cup Final was a special moment for me. In fact, I'm in tears now just thinking about it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Prendo's boots said:

All I ever wanted growing up was to see us win a Cup Final at Wembley and I did... Yeah BDM and the F A Cup Semi final Bunts whoopings are obviously waaaay up there...but...maybe because I was in my mid teens and had only seen us be utterly crap pretty much from my first game (Man City 1-2 relegation match in 69/70) until Big Jack's revolution happened I'd go for the 2-1 win away at Blackburn that pretty much clinched promotion back up and the tide had just turned for us by then... I was a full on dedicated fan at this time too and this away game and the sheer amount of Owls fans in the ground to witness it made it a full on experience I'll never ever forget and was proud to be a part of...

Said it before, my first away match, 14 years old. Never experienced owt like it. Will always be the best moment of my Wednesday supporting life chance what.

My first taste of that promoted feeling at Hillsborough in 79-80.

Cardiff in 2005 just for being part of that support and such an incredible day out from start to finish.

The Sheffield Semi Final.

The League Cup win.

4 outstanding moments in 50 years - one every 10 years 3 months.

Other great moments and memories in between, mostly just being part of ‘it’ with family and friends - one of the most significant bits of supporting this club that is now being dismantled as each week goes by.

I can take being c.rap on the pitch.

What I can’t take, is this support being taken as mugs and the club being allowed to be c.rap off the pitch.

• Like 3

Aside from the obvious ones, I have brilliant memories of the 5-1 v Hull 1990. I know we’d just got relegated, but despite that there was a real buzz about the club, and how we smashed the opposition away that day set us up for what was a truly brilliant season.

David Hirst really was phenomenal that afternoon. You may say the opposition was poor but it didn’t matter. 

I bloody loved that season more than any other I think.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Aside from the obvious ones, I have brilliant memories of the 5-1 v Hull 1990. I know we’d just got relegated, but despite that there was a real buzz about the club, and how we smashed the opposition away that day set us up for what was a truly brilliant season.

David Hirst really was phenomenal that afternoon. You may say the opposition was poor but it didn’t matter. 

I bloody loved that season more than any other I think.

i'd like to think that we'll get the same buzz like we had back in 1990/91 for the first post COVID 19 fixture at S6 in Aug.Somehow i'd very much doubt it.