Sheffield Wednesday players out of contract in June (about 13/14 weeks time)

5 minutes ago, shez owl said:

It maybe comes down to whether we are ok with ffp, you never know with DC, we could go on a spending spree. 

Players not being paid on time. Not fixing the boiler. Having to secure a loan against the stadium. No new signings in January. 

FFP isn’t holding him back. 

• Like 2

Don't think anyone hates Tom Lees. 

He's done very well for us.

Urhoghide has hasa long way to go.

But he's the sort that other teams in this division would play for 20 games and sell for £2m wih add ons based on potential. 

17 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Withdraw the offers we've made to Lees & Reech.

Tell Uroghide to take it or leave it.

Bin the rest off.

When we do release them please don't make the usual "We thank them for their efforts..." statement.

That's what I'd do too

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Read this post back to yourself though mate 

Youre saying we have failed because when we clear out players and replaced them the new players were all worse because Chansiri didn’t do the recruitment right 

Then you’re saying ‘so let’s do that again’

Then you’re saying ‘Chansiri isn’t to blame tho’

Nope.

I'm hoping Moore has a say in building an attacking minded team that fires us out of League one or moves us forward in the Championship.

I get your point Chansiri has recruited the players on the pitch so why do it again.

But, if this bunch of players ain't good enough we can't just keep them and watch us drop through the league ladder.

We have to recruit till we break the circle and get a decent competitive squad or hopefully Chansiri leaves/gets bought out.

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Don't think anyone hates Tom Lees. 

He's done very well for us.

Urhoghide has hasa long way to go.

But he's the sort that other teams in this division would play for 20 games and sell for £2m wih add ons based on potential. 

Tom Lees has been at the club for far to long imo that's his main problem.... but that said I think he would do well in league one.

Danny Baath was excellent for us down there and I'd say Lees is as good or not better on his day, I just generally feel he needs to be moved on.

1 minute ago, Bluewings said:

Tom Lees has been at the club for far to long imo that's his main problem.... but that said I think he would do well in league one.

Danny Baath was excellent for us down there and I'd say Lees is as good or not better on his day, I just generally feel he needs to be moved on.

How many teams did Kevin Pressman have

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:
  • Izzy Brown (Loan)
  • Kadeem Harris
  • Alex Hunt
  • Sam Hutchinson
  • Elias Kachunga
  • Tom Lees
  • Jack Marriott (Loan)
  • Moses Odubajo
  • Joey Pelupessy
  • Matt Penney
  • Adam Reach
  • Jordan Rhodes
  • Liam Shaw ( Set to join Celtic ) 
  • Osaze Urhoghide
  • Joost van Aken
  • Keiren Westwood

Most of them I’ll be glad to say goodbye to.

• Like 3

Guest gizowl
50 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Struggle to see who would we keep, who is even worth keeping? Urhoghide and maybe Westwood? 

Urhoghide yes Westwood and the rest get shut they're all loosers and the majority vastly overpaid. 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Urhoghide yes Westwood and the rest get shut they're all loosers and the majority vastly overpaid. 

So we should scrap them off and then let the person who offered massive overpaid contracts to that lot recruit and pay the next lot?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How many teams did Kevin Pressman have

As a footballer in there rightful positions, Pressman was a better goalkeeper than Tom Lees is a centre half.

Tom Lees is easily replaceable, Pressman wasn't.

Rhodes, Westwood, Lees, Reach and Joost will go. That will save a whopping £130k a week for starters. I’d offer contracts to the younger lads but the rest can go. We need a clean sweep. 

Westwood and Lees have both been very good players to be fair. Rhodes has been the worst signing in the history of the club, we’ve set Joost up for life with his contract for a player that can’t defend and Reach just continues to disappoint me. 

29 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Wildsmith or Dawson it is then. HMS P*ss The League once again sets sail

Ideally we would get rid of at least 2 out of the 3. Whatever happens we can’t be in this same situation next season, blaming whoever’s in goal at the weekend all the while saying if only Westy was playing.