Sheffield Wednesday players out of contract in June (about 13/14 weeks time)

11 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

We had a massive clear out in the summer of 2004, brought virtually a full new team.

We also had a massive clear out after being relegated from the Premier Division. That was down to 10 out of our first 11 being on contracts that allowed them to leave for free if we were relegated. 

20 years later we’re still struggling to recover from those stupid contracts.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

We also had a massive clear out after being relegated from the Premier Division. That was down to 10 out of our first 11 being on contracts that allowed them to leave for free if we were relegated. 

20 years later we’re still struggling to recover from those stupid contracts.

True

That really was a horrific time in terms of players and contracts 

We were I a right mess

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, SwellOwl said:

Buy will be a stretch but we should look to the loan market, finding young, promising players from PL who need first team experience. If we just buy run of the mill L1 players, we will have same result as this season. 

Good luck with that. Without any structure at the club the recruitment will be like it always has been, a mish mash of random players of varying non complimenting attributes being stockpiled for seemingly no reason other than to pi$$ more money away.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Who gets a contract offer from that list ? 
Uroghide?

hunt ?

Yep that’s it for me, the rest can do one

Potentially would see this line up,  maybe with Bannan sold but this is probably the best we’d have remaining.  

NEW

Urhoghide   Iorfa   Dunkley   NEW

Dele-Bashiru Luongo Bannan 

Windass     NEW    Green 

I'd keep Hunt, Penney and Urhoghide.

These are players we've invested a lot of time and money in. And next season, could be a good opportunity for them to prove themselves in a more settled squad.

These players have been mismanaged so far. Playing well, then being benched, and struggling for form when in and out of the side. In League One, with Hunt, Penney and Urhoghide as valuable squad players with specific defined roles, there's nothing to suggest that at least one of those could thrive and end up making the club some money.

The rest can go. All them of have proven to be either inept, lazy, cowardly or a catastrophic waste of money. Imagine the amount we could save getting rid of the charlatans.

My only disappointment is seeing the personification of our demise, Liam Palmer not on the list.If we start another season with that waste of space at right back, I'm going to give up.