Sheffield Wednesday players out of contract in June (about 13/14 weeks time)

We had a massive clear out in the summer of 2004, brought virtually a full new team.

We went up season after from League 1 (Or whatever they call it at the time).

Think preparation though started about January with looking at players and identifying then.

If we haven't done any homework yet on recruitment we are already 1 step behind other clubs.

Predict a relegation fight again next season to stop us falling into League 2.

Moore needs to be strong in insisting he gets the players he wants - if it follows the same pattern as people suggest with Monk et al, we are likely to fail, as the pattern continues.

I believe he could work a new XI into shape if allowed. If not he fall way like all the others. At some point DC needs to realise Einstein was right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:
  • Izzy Brown (Loan)
  • Kadeem Harris
  • Alex Hunt
  • Sam Hutchinson
  • Elias Kachunga
  • Tom Lees
  • Jack Marriott (Loan)
  • Moses Odubajo
  • Joey Pelupessy
  • Matt Penney
  • Adam Reach
  • Jordan Rhodes
  • Liam Shaw ( Set to join Celtic ) 
  • Osaze Urhoghide
  • Joost van Aken
  • Keiren Westwood

Thats really good news to get 16 players off the books. If i remember right, 8 are from our alleged top 10 earners too

I think westy lees and hutch would do well in L1, if contracts are reduced. Keep urhoghide....rest can go

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

We had a massive clear out in the summer of 2004, brought virtually a full new team.

Think preparation though started about January with looking at players and identifying then.

If we haven't done any homework yet on recruitment we are already 1 step behind other clubs.

When we last got relegated our recruitment was abhorrent. We signed Teale, Morrison, Sedgwick, Heffernan etc. 

When you look at the 2011/12 promotion side under Megson/Jones hardly any of them were signed the year before. he got rid of most. It shows how hard it is to sort yourself out when you get relegated. We've proven twice that it took 2 seasons and some of that feels like luck rather than judgement especially in 2005.

18 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Ideally we would get rid of at least 2 out of the 3. Whatever happens we can’t be in this same situation next season, blaming whoever’s in goal at the weekend all the while saying if only Westy was playing. 

I do agree there. 

We said that about the last lot we replaced 

And the ones before them

And the ones before them

Same with the managers

Same with the coaches

It was never going to be sorted in one summer though. We got rid of a few last year and need to get rid of more now. I’m crossing everything that we somehow recruit well this summer.

Guest Derby owl

So new manager same out come of results, what does that tell you!

Tatics might be wrong,

Wrong players picked,

All the managers this season have made mistakes?

But bottom line is the players are not good enough and do NOT wear the shirt with pride and fight like f#$k to get the result, a WIN!

Can you imagine this lot, even in League One? 

They would bottle it week in, week out against opponents who will give everything to give us a bloody nose. 

League One is horrible and they would hate it.

Somehow, Moore has to press the re-start button with new players and new culture within the squad. 

Easier said than done unfortunately. 

• Like 2

I’ve every reason to believe the replacements will be loads better this time 

Maybe they won't be loads better but we have got to freshen it up big time! I'd rather us get a squad full of players between 18-24 year olds than these overpaid last pay day chumps! 

32 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I'm hoping they haven't started scouting players as yet purely down to if they have then Moore has had nothing to do with it! They must let Moore build his own squad! 

1 hour ago, Bluewings said:

That's because recruitment has been continuously poor.

Fletcher -> Patterson

Foresteri -> Windass

Wallace -> Harris

There's nothing wrong with overhauling a squad many teams have done it

you can blame Chansiri all day long for the state of the club but the unacceptable 

performances of the players is down to them alone.

Why keep players who are not good enough. Bizarre 

Oh wow.....that really hits home, when i read those replacements !!! No wonder we are going down

• Love 1