Darren Moore

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

We’ve no European pedigree at all.

Well we’ve been in it for a start. Many haven’t. Had international players as have many other clubs.

This is Darren Moore not Jose Mourinho. There are big clubs in league one at the moment too, I’d bet a job at Sunderland would’ve appealed to a Doncaster manager too.

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I have no issue with DM as manager. I’ll say we’d have been better served lining him up for next season rather than putting him through these remaining games by which time some will have already written him off. 

The players are poor, but it’s the shade cast from the owners ineptitude that will always be the real issue.

Do you honestly think he just thought he’d breeze in and turn things around ? 
Football people know football. We as fans are on the outside. I listened to Pressmans podcast this morning and he was spot on. 
He thought we’d have a chance of staying up but the chips are against us now. You can’t keep playing with 10 men for a start ! 
But he also said there’s a lot of our squad out of contract this season. Ineptly by the owner and paxo. But in a way it works in our favour because DM has a blank canvas to re build.  
I think he’s the man to do that. 

• Like 3

Guest Mcguigan
Just now, SiJ said:

And I mean now, not because they won the UEFA cup once back in 1974 or something. 

Chill out bud, if you think we’re a big club that’s great, your opinion and all that.

I personally get fed up with the sleeping giant, massive club tag that’s trotted out every time a new manager is appointed or a new player signs.

We’re shortly about to be relegated into Lg1 for the 2nd time in the last 10 years and the 3rd in the last 20 years.

But, the saving grace is we’re a big club. Yeah, right.

3 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Chill out bud, if you think we’re a big club that’s great, your opinion and all that.

I personally get fed up with the sleeping giant, massive club tag that’s trotted out every time a new manager is appointed or a new player signs.

We’re shortly about to be relegated into Lg1 for the 2nd time in the last 10 years and the 3rd in the last 20 years.

Look, it means very little. 

But it part explains why we will still get people coming here to give it a go. 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
15 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Why?

I understand your view, I really do but football doesn't work like that.

Sheffield Wednesday are and will always be regarded as a giant within the game regardless of how many throphies they have won.

As I mentioned earlier, ask any manager or player.

8 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Football people know football. We as fans are on the outside. I listened to Pressmans podcast this morning and he was spot on. 
He thought we’d have a chance of staying up but the chips are against us now. You can’t keep playing with 10 men for a start ! 
But he also said there’s a lot of our squad out of contract this season. Ineptly by the owner and paxo. But in a way it works in our favour because DM has a blank canvas to re build.  

Do you think Moore will have complete say in the players who join the club? 

8 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Did you even read my post Mr Angry.........

Guest Bulgaria
5 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

So do you think Bournemouth or Watford hold as much kudos as Sheffield Wednesday?

I guarantee Sheffield Wednesday are known worldwide, regardless of current standing.

Not saying it's right, it's just the way it is.

Guest LondonOwl313
15 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Ask any player or manager what they think of SWFC and you will get the same answer.

Under achieving big club. Sleeping giant.

Make no mistake, we are a big club.

I’m not sure we are a big club anymore to be honest. I’m in my 30s and when I was at school in the 90s, everyone supported the Sheffield clubs and it was 2/3rds Wednesday and a third United. If you go to a school now in Sheffield there will be lots of kids supporting the top 6. Not many are interested in watching this very mediocre team.. we badly need a run in the PL to get support back amongst the younger generation.

If you go to Hillsborough on a match day what’s the average age.. majority of people have grey hair and have been going since the 70s. There aren’t loads of younger people.. kids aren’t interested and younger adults in their 20s and 30s have other things to do and spend their money on. It’s not good value for money at these prices.

So the fan base is ageing badly and just reminiscences about the 80s and 90s and how good we were. In 20 years time those people will stop going and there will be nobody to replace them if we’ve just been a championship-league 1 yo-yo club like we have been for the last 20 years. Attendances will be well down and we’ll be no bigger than lots of other clubs.

They badly need to re-engage with the fans but I can’t see it tbh

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Money talks and we’ve probably more than doubled what he was on.

His team were on a bad run before joining and maybe was worried about his tenure there. 

Not rocket science

His poor run at Donny must have made him think he may well be under pressure here anyway. If I was him in that position and just been approached by Wednesday with a nice hefty pay rise, regardless of our position I'd jump right in too.

It's clear he didnt really know the extent of the mess he has come into, with regards to just how poor the players are, how little they learn, and the contractual situation of most of them are in where they've mainly given up already knowing at the very least they wont be getting anywhere near their current wage even if they do want to stay with the club.

But, still think he'll sort us next season if he is allowed to stay and do the job.  Just needs better players - as in fairness was the case for Bruce, Monk, Pulis and Thompson before him.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Do you think Moore will have complete say in the players who join the club? 

We’ll have to wait and find out. 
Doesn’t seem the type who will just accept it to me. Let’s see my friend. 

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m not sure we are a big club anymore to be honest. I’m in my 30s and when I was at school in the 90s, everyone supported the Sheffield clubs and it was 2/3rds Wednesday and a third United. If you go to a school now in Sheffield there will be lots of kids supporting the top 6. Not many are interested in watching this very mediocre team.. we badly need a run in the PL to get support back amongst the younger generation.

If you go to Hillsborough on a match day what’s the average age.. majority of people have grey hair and have been going since the 70s. There aren’t loads of younger people.. kids aren’t interested and younger adults in their 20s and 30s have other things to do and spend their money on. It’s not good value for money at these prices.

So the fan base is ageing badly and just reminiscences about the 80s and 90s and how good we were. In 20 years time those people will stop going and there will be nobody to replace them if we’ve just been a championship-league 1 yo-yo club like we have been for the last 20 years. Attendances will be well down and we’ll be no bigger than lots of other clubs.

They badly need to re-engage with the fans but I can’t see it tbh

You make a valid point, as always may I add.

Maybe your right, ask any teenager if they think Sheffield Wednesday is a big club and they may disagree.

Luckily, teenagers are not in the running to manage us!