Abject Surrender

34 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

And this is why the choice of manager is completely irrelevant.  

I think the choice of manager does matter. DM may be used to strikers like Paterson in League 1 but I would have liked the new manager to accept his limitations and devise a system around the only guy with a scoring record and that’s Rhodes. Paterson is a converted full back or centre back. He has no finishing skills but can head or bundle a few in, that’s all

• Like 1

Just now, bladeshater said:

I hope so Pal

Just needs some forward thinking, spotting the opportunity and actually making big positive changes

It's easily doable

The only thing it needs is a positive mindset, people who can come in and do it, and not accepting mediocre - just smash it out the park in the next 6 months off the pitch

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
16 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

On plus side pal a few good train rides and a few beers to watch a revamped Wednesday

And what makes you think we will be 'revamped'🤔

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It does mate - fans are helpless right now and can only look on and see it unfold which makes it worse

If someone told me that we could have a fantastically positive revolution next season, strip the wages off the wage bill, start a new era (without or with the current chairman) and crack on then I'd be feeling a lot better than right now

If that happens and we see a bounce back and a new fresh Sheffield Wednesday then it would be at least a small consolation

This isn’t like the last 2 relegations to league 1

I genuinely think this will knock the stuffing out of a lot of our supporters 

1 minute ago, Django said:

This isn’t like the last 2 relegations to league 1

I genuinely think this will knock the stuffing out of a lot of our supporters 

I don't think it will - the fans are the only positive thing about the club and to some if not all its a way of life.

• Like 2

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I don't think it will - the fans are the only positive thing about the club and to some if not all its a way of life.

But many like me are reluctant to stay customers to Chansiri and Paxos circus 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Django said:

But many like me are reluctant to stay customers to Chansiri and Paxos circus 

The away days will be rammed that is a given. The home games will have a bounce as we have been away for over a year now and people will be frothing to go and watch. Hopefully DC goes in the summer or very near future 

54 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

We are all p*ssed off right now with the club from top to bottom but this is just abject surrender from our players, no guts, no fight, no bottle, no pride and it's the last one that hurts most.

I have accepted our fate and haven't felt this dejected since we got relegated from the Premier with a similar set of poo hawks pulling on the shirt. The Chairman has to got to go that is a given but the players don't remotely give a poo. 

You had me at poo hawks

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm beyond looking at the players or the managers or coaches anymore

I honestly think what we're seeing is players performing like a shop assistant would in Debenhams right now - still going through the motions but just seeing their time out until they can get their recruitment agency to find them a new job

Staff know when the company they're working for is in a desperate state and it impacts their performance levels - and only seriously fantastic management from the very top down can stop things getting really bad and stop staff from looking to leave

Spot on Neil.

I've twice been in work situations where we knew that redundancies were on the horizon & half of us wouldn't be working there in a few months time.

Morale & work rate hit rock bottom & we spent most of our time speculating on who would stay & who would go. There were obvious ones that would stay & obvious ones that would go which further impacted on relationships & team work with the ones that knew they were going not giving a flying feck about the companies status of future success.

Even some of the ones that would be staying were looking for jobs elsewhere.

Our current plight rests squearly on the shoulders of Dejphon Chansiri & his in house parasite who have mismanaged player contracts & squad movement.

• Like 1

Having just wasted £10 on watching that shower of poo , I wonder why, and can't wait tiul the season is over. Won't be wasting any more money on that dross.

Moore has a major job on his hands this summer and Tuna Boy must be prepared to let him build the side needed to get out on League 1 in the next couple of years.

Players I'd bin straight away would be Reach, Pulupessy, Palmer, Lees, Hutchinson, Rhodes. 

We need at least one new keeper, couple more defenders [hoping in some magical way we could keep Iorfa and Uroughide, Midfield needs some creativity and some box to box legs. Strikers...well we just need some decent strikers for L1. Proper target man and a couple that can feed off him.

It's going to be a long cold summer ahead at S6 at this rate.

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you mean?

Record season tickets sold (at record high prices too) in recent years

Every away game sold out

What more should fans be doing

We have the most fickle fans in the country, chansiri out chansiri out chansiri out, after I go and spend £64 on a sh it shirt and a overpriced tape measure. 

Like i said yesterday, if being amazing is bending over and taking it every day then we have the best fans on earth.

the intelligent fans warned you against this tyrant years ago and everybody laughed it off, no ones laughing now are they?

years to late. . if its 'OUR' club like everyone says why have you let this 2 bit business man run 'your' club to the ground? just like chansiri, just like some players, some fans are spineless....

We were lucky to stay up last season and this team, having baggage of a points deduction, can’t survive and stay up again.

12 more games before it all ends thank goodness. I just hope we give Moore a chance, he should be seen as long term and not to create a miracle now. 

• Like 1