Abject Surrender

Guest Andy W
15 hours ago, 2hoots said:

Really hope that we are relegated by more than 6 points - then there's nothing/no-one else to blame but the footballing side and the Chairman.

I agree. These players are talentless (recruitment policy) but more that that have no drive or passion..I guess you only really have that if it's your club, the one you supported as a kid.

Otherwise its just a job.

But my goodness they aren't even trying to stay up

Yeah you don’t get a new manager bounce when the players know they are leaving or don’t want to fight for a new deal. They know they jump off the train just before it explodes. Some of them might struggle to do much better though. 

Anyway, even past teams that have been relegated have made more of a go of it and taken it to the last couple of games. At this rate we could be finished a few weeks early.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There wouldn’t 

Our fans would turn up in silence 

Sit in silence 

occasionally someone would shout something about Chansiri and get a smack in the face from one of our own fans who think Chansiri isn’t responsible for this

Then everyone would leave early in total silence 

No chance. 

This season was based on keeping it tight and nicking a few goals.

I still maintain Paterson, Windass and Mariott should have got 10 goals a piece this season. Marriott has been a disaster signing, I can't believe we had to bring him back in January - he'll offer nothing till the end of the season. Windass is capable of scoring goals - he should have had a het-trick at Luton. Paterson is a poor player, but his roughness does get him in good positions as shown against Rotherham, where he should have scored a brace.

Kachunga and Harris should have bagged half a dozen goals a piece. They haven't because they aren't good enough and lack confidence.

BB should have got half a dozen from penalties, free kicks and open play. he doesn't because he controls what he wants to do, which is sitting deep sraying the ball about - it doesn't help the balance of this team, and it now seems Moore has spotted this.

The centre halfs should have chipped in with half a dozen between them - when do we score from corners/set pieces? Another 6 between the other midfielders and full backs.

All that comes to 60 goals - not really that tough a target - certainly mid-table. We've currently got 24 'and will end up around maybe 30/32, which is shocking.

Because we've failed to invest in the midfield, which has been a shocking admission for 5 years, we don't create enough and fail to protect an over-worked and fragile defence.

We have missed Iorfa, Westwood and Luongo, but the others should have stepped up - they've collectively gone missing for months.