Abject Surrender

Guest whowantstoberich

I agree DC needs to go but seriously these players need a dressing down also. They are a disgrace

Can't remember the full facts but warnock saved Rotherham from certain relegation a few seasons ago, the grit and fight from players, manager and fans alike was extraordinary, why can't our lot have the same attitude, we as fans always do our bit. 

1 minute ago, whowantstoberich said:

The amount of money immediately and always affects motivation, it’s the biggest motivator there is. Why do people aim for promotions and want a pay rise, or seek a better paying career?

People seek promotions for a more satisfying or challenging role

They want payrises to reflect their performances that they think have been good enough to warrant a payrise

They seek a better paying career to cover their bills and give them more spending money

Someone in a job at £10 an hour or someone in a job at £10grand a week all face the same motivational factors - especially after being in a job for a while 

Nobody thinks "right it's really crap here, there's no stability, the owners are horrific, there's no ambition, the toilets door has fallen off in the toilets, we're having to heat the place with electric heaters, there's no hot water, but I'm totally going to give 100% because I get paid what I get paid"

They think "Right - I'm off"

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, debram said:

Can't remember the full facts but warnock saved Rotherham from certain relegation a few seasons ago, the grit and fight from players, manager and fans alike was extraordinary, why can't our lot have the same attitude, we as fans always do our bit. 

Because of the state of the club - all of it

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

They're off in the summer

Why would they care?

It’s called being a professional. If they don’t care then they should be fined. Even if they aren’t staying they should put themselves in the shop window

Guest whowantstoberich
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People seek promotions for a more satisfying or challenging role

They want payrises to reflect their performances that they think have been good enough to warrant a payrise

They seek a better paying career to cover their bills and give them more spending money

Someone in a job at £10 an hour or someone in a job at £10grand a week all face the same motivational factors - especially after being in a job for a while 

Nobody thinks "right it's really crap here, there's no stability, the owners are horrific, there's no ambition, the toilets door has fallen off in the toilets, we're having to heat the place with electric heaters, there's no hot water, but I'm totally going to give 100% because I get paid what I get paid"

They think "Right - I'm off"

Fair enough different opinions but I believe money rightly or wrongly, is the biggest motivating factor in anyone’s job. Yes there are others like job satisfaction but money is the biggest.

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

It’s called being a professional. If they don’t care then they should be fined. Even if they aren’t staying they should put themselves in the shop window

They might not need to mate

They've probably had their agents getting them sorted already with clubs since last Christmas

We've seen this before (even last season with Fletcher, Fox etc)

Owlstalk Shop

Fair enough different opinions but I believe money rightly or wrongly, is the biggest motivating factor in anyone’s job. Yes there are others like job satisfaction but money is the biggest.

It isn't

It's one of the motivators for getting the job in the first place

After that it's a myriad of things and pay is way down on the list

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It isn't

It's one of the motivators for getting the job in the first place

After that it's a myriad of things and pay is way down on the list

I must be an exception to the rule then 😂 

Guest whowantstoberich
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They've probably had their agents getting them sorted already with clubs since last Christmas

Sad but true, roll on league 1. Hopefully find players with some more grit 

Sad but true, roll on league 1. Hopefully find players with some more grit 

The new staff would still be working in the same conditions for the same company and the same owner

It needs more than just MORE new staff

We've tried that for the last 6 years

Over and over and over

Owlstalk Shop

Have to say, I did think some of them might have pulled their fingers out due to being out of contract.  Not for getting one here, but elsewhere more than anything.

Fletcher and Fox did it last year, and then got Championship moves.  A lot of this current lot are in for a nasty surprise if they think they'll be able to just waltz into another Championship club, or even a decent League One side.  It's going to be such a bad time to be out of contract, as squads will be smaller due to impact of COVID on finances etc.  Some may get by on past reputation if they are lucky, but others don't have that luxury, and will have this pathetic relegation on their CVs to explain away.  Hardly screams resilient footballer up for a fight (which they'll need as qualities for the leagues they're going to).

However, if you then want to close the circle back up, it probably speaks volumes about them as footballers and why we are where we are.  Accepting mediocrity, and that will be reflected in the clubs they end up at next season.

Just now, blueandwhitematt said:

Have to say, I did think some of them might have pulled their fingers out due to being out of contract.  Not for getting one here, but elsewhere more than anything. 

Maybe they've already got sorted with one at a new club

If I were in their position I would - wouldn't you?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The new staff would still be working in the same conditions for the same company and the same owner

It needs more than just MORE new staff

We've tried that for the last 6 years

Over and over and over

We don’t really have a choice on the owner though do we? Like it or lump it he’s staying 

Edited by whowantstoberich

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You may be right but if owned a club and I saw how these players are playing I would never sign them. When they come into the last year of their contract they down tools.. So I’d say go somewhere else. Scores of players come to the end of contracts every year but they play as well as they can to the last match. Maybe they are looking to impress or for the sake of pride. Our lot just don’t give a damn. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm beyond looking at the players or the managers or coaches anymore

I honestly think what we're seeing is players performing like a shop assistant would in Debenhams right now - still going through the motions but just seeing their time out until they can get their recruitment agency to find them a new job

Staff know when the company they're working for is in a desperate state and it impacts their performance levels - and only seriously fantastic management from the very top down can stop things getting really bad and stop staff from looking to leave

Absolutely bang on the money