Abject Surrender

1 minute ago, whowantstoberich said:

We don’t really have a choice on the owner though do we? Like it or lump it he’s staying 

Looks like it mate

Doesn't change the fact that changing the manager, the team, the CEO, the coaches, the tea lady, the marketing manager AGAIN will make things any better tho

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Maybe they've already got sorted with one at a new club

If I were in their position I would - wouldn't you?

Reach, maybe at an absolute push, based on his highlight reel from a few years ago could wrangle an early sorting of his future.  And maybe Lees if I'm being generous.  They at least have something in the bank (so to speak) to fall back on reputation wise at this level.

The rest have nothing to differentiate them from the pack, and I don't see how any managers at our level, or even the one below, would have looked at people like Harris or Borner or Penney and, seeing how they've been playing all season gone "get these lads lined up ASAP".  There is just too much competition out there for players playing at that level to have clubs lined up already.

And look at Fletcher and Fox that you referenced earlier - they grafted and performed last season (putting aside the way Fletcher handled those final lockdown games), and were only able to get mid table Championship moves.  Its a tough market out there.  

Guest whowantstoberich
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Looks like it mate

Doesn't change the fact that changing the manager, the team, the CEO, the coaches, the tea lady, the marketing manager AGAIN will make things any better tho

If we get lucky with a good manager we will be fine, I have faith in DM. 

1 minute ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Reach, maybe at an absolute push, based on his highlight reel from a few years ago could wrangle an early sorting of his future.  And maybe Lees if I'm being generous.  They at least have something in the bank (so to speak) to fall back on reputation wise at this level.

The rest have nothing to differentiate them from the pack, and I don't see how any managers at our level, or even the one below, would have looked at people like Harris or Borner or Penney and, seeing how they've been playing all season gone "get these lads lined up ASAP".  There is just too much competition out there for players playing at that level to have clubs lined up already.

And look at Fletcher and Fox that you referenced earlier - they grafted and performed last season (putting aside the way Fletcher handled those final lockdown games), and were only able to get mid table Championship moves.  Its a tough market out there.  

I will bet you £10 here and now that 90%+ of the players who leave SWFC in the summer get new contracts elsewhere

I'm even tempted to say 100%

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

While there's still time, there's still a chance.

I'm not giving up until it's over.

Keep the faith.  This could be the greatest escape since Houdini crawled out of a shark's mouth.

trouble is we can't help but crawl into the sharks mouth 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Be tough at the moment.

Wildsmith

Palmer Borner Dunkley

Bannan 

Windass Paterson

Iorfa, Luongo, Dele-Bashiru, Dawson all injured. 

2021 out of contract June

Izzy Brown (loan)

Kadeem Harris

Alex Hunt

Sam Hutchinson

Elias Kachunga

Tom Lees

Jack Marriott (loan)

Moses Odubajo

Joey Pelupessy

Matt Penney

Adam Reach

Jordan Rhodes

Liam Shaw ( Set to join Celtic ) 

Osaze Urhoghide

Joost van Aken

Keiren Westwood

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I will bet you £10 here and now that 90%+ of the players who leave SWFC in the summer get new contracts elsewhere

They absolutely will.

Someone will take a punt on Harris. Maybe League One or a newly promoted Championship side. Purely because of his pace. 

Penney will pick up a contract in League One or Two.

Pelupessy and Van Aken probably go back to Holland.

Westwood close to retirement at 36 anyway. Hutchison similar will probably go into coaching I imagine.

Urhoghide will definitely join another Championship club at his age and potential.

Rhodes I think Cardiff are looking at him already, someone will take a punt based on his past history.

Lees solid pro and could see him moving to another Championship club. 

Someone will definitely sign Reach.

A few might have to take pay cuts, but given the wages we’ve dished out here I’m sure they’ll be fine.

lol

The playing staff needs a thorough clean out. Replace them all if we can, shift on some of the ones still in contract and replace with keen  youngsters who want to work. Moore is a potentially good manager, I don't blame him for this season in any way.

He's been here a very short time, he doesn't know the players and how they work together (if only they did). For me he gets a free pass and starts next season.

Will we do much better, I doubt it, the dead hand of DC and his advisors won't let it happen, they will bring in the wrong players to do the wrong things in positions they've never played.

I don't feel despondent, just resigned to a few more years in the wilderness. I can't even get excited enough to reach apathy.

• Like 1

Why would I place a bet on a forum post?

I'm not saying they won't get new clubs.

I'm saying they may will be in for a shock when it isn't at the level or type or club they think it will be.  And if they're happy with that, and just want any old club to take them on, then fine that's their prerogative.

Being a free agent is tough at the best of times, my point is that in a COVID impacted summer, its going to be a nightmare being a free agent.  And these players are hardly doing all they can performing for us at the moment - their stock would be higher if they went down with a fight at least.

Some may have clubs lined up (Lees, Reach).  The other experienced players, I highly doubt they have clubs sorted for next season already.

Just now, blueandwhitematt said:

Why would I place a bet on a forum post?

I'm not saying they won't get new clubs.

I'm saying they may will be in for a shock when it isn't at the level or type or club they think it will be.  And if they're happy with that, and just want any old club to take them on, then fine that's their prerogative.

Being a free agent is tough at the best of times, my point is that in a COVID impacted summer, its going to be a nightmare being a free agent.  And these players are hardly doing all they can performing for us at the moment - their stock would be higher if they went down with a fight at least.

Some may have clubs lined up (Lees, Reach).  The other experienced players, I highly doubt they have clubs sorted for next season already.

They're playing like they have

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

The only positive thing about this club it’s it’s amazing fans

There is not a single other positive thing about the whole club

Results, performances, players, owners, ageing tired stadium, embarrassing club shop, poor academy, training facilities, ticket prices,  going down without a fight ... I could go on

The whole club stinks and needs resetting

Absolutely spot on 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Izzy Brown (loan)

Kadeem Harris

Alex Hunt

Sam Hutchinson

Elias Kachunga

Tom Lees

Jack Marriott (loan)

Moses Odubajo

Joey Pelupessy

Matt Penney

Adam Reach

Jordan Rhodes

Osaze Urhoghide

Joost van Aken

Keiren Westwood

Frightening. I absolutely dread the rebuild. 

• Like 1

They're playing like they have

They are.  Which is why its all the more bizarre.

If people like Harris, Borner, Penney, Palmer etc all have already fixed themselves up with Championship or high-end League 1 clubs, good on their agents.  But in this market, they have done nothing at all this season to suggest they would have got them moves already.  It's just too competitive out there to have those sorts of moves lined up on the back of mediocre performances all season (this isn't just a few weeks).

And in normal times it probably wouldn't matter, but with finances as they are across the football league, I'd be doing all I could to separate myself from the pack.

I'm more inclined to think it speaks more to their collective football personality.  No real desire to push themselves and get a better move, they'll just take what comes up and keep doing what they need.  It screams comfort zone footballers, of which unfortunately I think we've collected too many of.

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Reality we have an out of contract squad one the end of the season. They won’t risk 50/50s they won’t go max out and they will lose more balls than they win... self preservation I’m afraid

In that case they should be dropped. Play the kids.

Just now, blueandwhitematt said:

They are.  Which is why its all the more bizarre.

If people like Harris, Borner, Penney, Palmer etc all have already fixed themselves up with Championship or high-end League 1 clubs, good on their agents.  But in this market, they have done nothing at all this season to suggest they would have got them moves already.  It's just too competitive out there to have those sorts of moves lined up on the back of mediocre performances all season (this isn't just a few weeks).

And in normal times it probably wouldn't matter, but with finances as they are across the football league, I'd be doing all I could to separate myself from the pack.

I'm more inclined to think it speaks more to their collective football personality.  No real desire to push themselves and get a better move, they'll just take what comes up and keep doing what they need.  It screams comfort zone footballers, of which unfortunately I think we've collected too many of.

If you have a shop and all the shop staff are just milling around, looking bored, not doing their jobs properly so you get rid of all of them and get a load of new shop staff in who after a while are just milling around, looking bored, not doing their jobs properly so you get rid of all of them and get a load of new shop staff in who after a while are just milling around, looking bored, not doing their jobs properly so you get rid of all of them and get a load of new shop staff in who after a while are just milling around, looking bored, not doing their jobs properly so you get rid of all of them and get a load of new shop staff in who after a while are just milling around, looking bored, not doing their jobs properly you eventually surely must conclude that it might not be the shop staff who need replacing again

lol

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Izzy Brown (loan)

Kadeem Harris

Alex Hunt

Sam Hutchinson

Elias Kachunga

Tom Lees

Jack Marriott (loan)

Moses Odubajo

Joey Pelupessy

Matt Penney

Adam Reach

Jordan Rhodes

Osaze Urhoghide

Joost van Aken

Keiren Westwood

I'd go all out to keep hunt, Shaw and urhoghide and Westwood if he took a significant pay cut. But that's it. The rest can go.