Abject Surrender

I think 80% of us are done with it all,many of us after Jan transfer window,no players in,no manager in,shocking really when in a dog fight for survival and we all knew what was needed...

I feel fo Moore I really do,I hope he is'nt the scape goat at the end of the season with this bunch of players and Chairman he has to contend with.... 

UTO    see you next season.....................

Just now, Django said:

This can’t be right

Izzy Brown said after the Rotherham game that they were going to put it right today 

How many times have we heard this now and then they put in another awful display.   May really can’t come soon enough when hopefully most of them will be allowed to leave.  

36 minutes ago, victorturner said:

I think the choice of manager does matter. DM may be used to strikers like Paterson in League 1 but I would have liked the new manager to accept his limitations and devise a system around the only guy with a scoring record and that’s Rhodes. Paterson is a converted full back or centre back. He has no finishing skills but can head or bundle a few in, that’s all

Judging by the sitter he missed against Rovum, not sure Patterson is good with his head either.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

1) What are you on about?

2) Why the need to get all angrymad and post 'the intelligent fans'?

Calm down, keep it friendly and light!

The tone of my post is nothing but calm. when i say YOU this is you as in the fans , this is to the people who aggressively shot down the opinion of others years ago who saw this coming.

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

How many times have we heard this now and then they put in another awful display.   May really can’t come soon enough when hopefully most of them will be allowed to leave.  

We go again next week 

:duntmatter:

Guest Andy W
1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

We are all p*ssed off right now with the club from top to bottom but this is just abject surrender from our players, no guts, no fight, no bottle, no pride and it's the last one that hurts most.

I have accepted our fate and haven't felt this dejected since we got relegated from the Premier with a similar set of poo hawks pulling on the shirt. The Chairman has to got to go that is a given but the players don't remotely give a poo. 

These 'players' describe themselves as professionals do they...unbelievable.

Who in hell would want to sign them...utter dross

Guest whowantstoberich
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm beyond looking at the players or the managers or coaches anymore

I honestly think what we're seeing is players performing like a shop assistant would in Debenhams right now - still going through the motions but just seeing their time out until they can get their recruitment agency to find them a new job

Staff know when the company they're working for is in a desperate state and it impacts their performance levels - and only seriously fantastic management from the very top down can stop things getting really bad and stop staff from looking to leave

ALMOST a good anology, EXCEPT the fact that these are professionals earning tens of thousands a week not minimum wage sales assistants in Debenhams!

Edited by whowantstoberich

3 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

ALMOST a good anology, EXCEPT the fact that these are professionals earning tens of thousands a week not minimum wage sales assistants in Debenhams!

Nope

Doesn't work like that

People aren't motivated by the amount of money they earn (especially after a while)

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Nope

Doesn't work like that

People aren't motivated by the amount of money they earn (especially after a while)

I would beg to differ mate!

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

With the right moves from the club it could be

Fresh players, change in fan engagement policiies, revolution of the megastore and online shop, and some incredible marketing towards fans who will be coming back to football after the summer (and people's first holidays since lockdown) after Covid

I spy a massive opportunity to be honest

I think most off us can see that too mate only problem is will our owner?

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

I would beg to differ mate!

I know you do mate

But you're wrong on this one

If - for example - you went to a member of staff at a company where the toilets didn't work, where staff were walking out, where the facilities and equipment were shocking and never being replaced, and where the owner was horrific and said to them 'right - don't leave - I"m going to double your pay'

They'd still leave

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I know you do mate

But you're wrong on this one

If - for example - you went to a member of staff at a company where the toilets didn't work, where staff were walking out, where the facilities and equipment were shocking and never being replaced, and where the owner was horrific and said to them 'right - don't leave - I"m going to double your pay'

They'd still leave

Agreed, but you are comparing millionaires to average folk again.

If I was on 30k a week and they doubled my pay in the above scenario, I would stay and lick the floor clean with my tongue if that's what they wanted, however, if I was earning £10 an hour and they offer £20 an hour, i would walk out after telling them to fizz off.

Money makes the world go around.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm beyond looking at the players or the managers or coaches anymore

I honestly think what we're seeing is players performing like a shop assistant would in Debenhams right now - still going through the motions but just seeing their time out until they can get their recruitment agency to find them a new job

Staff know when the company they're working for is in a desperate state and it impacts their performance levels - and only seriously fantastic management from the very top down can stop things getting really bad and stop staff from looking to leave

100% agree

5 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Agreed, but you are comparing millionaires to average folk again.

If I was on 30k a week and they doubled my pay in the above scenario, I would stay and lick the floor clean with my tongue if that's what they wanted 

No - you wouldn't

You seem to think the amount of money someone gets paid in a job changes human motivations

It doesn't

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No - you wouldn't

You seem to think the amount of money someone gets paid in a job changes human motivations

It doesn't

The amount of money immediately and always affects motivation, it’s the biggest motivator there is. Why do people aim for promotions and want a pay rise, or seek a better paying career?

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

While there's still time, there's still a chance.

I'm not giving up until it's over.

Keep the faith.  This could be the greatest escape since Houdini crawled out of a shark's mouth.

I've been going to Hillsborough since about 1960 so I've experienced my fair share of dross & relegation disappointments but I've never been so certain of relegation with a dozen or so games to go as I am now.

• Like 1