Chansiri - A new direction ?

With the appointment of DM does this show that Chansiri has gone in a new direction with his thinking ??

He has always said he wouldn’t try to get a manager/coach that was in current employment. 

Will DM have first and final say in ALL team goings on ??

What happened on Friday for Chansiri to make the call to DRFC ?  Why wasn’t contact made after the midweek defeat ?

Has Chansiri FINALLY seen the light ? 

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

With the appointment of DM does this show that Chansiri has gone in a new direction with his thinking ??

He has always said he wouldn’t try to get a manager/coach that was in current employment. 

Will DM have first and final say in ALL team goings on ??

What happened on Friday for Chansiri to make the call to DRFC ?  Why wasn’t contact made after the midweek defeat ?

Has Chansiri FINALLY seen the light ? 

Good questions, might get some answers later at the press conference

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

Just gonna let my boss know I won’t be working for the rest of the day. S**t is about to get real on OT should be a good enough reason. 

Same. I don’t need all this going off on a Monday morning! :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

If it was a change in direction and strategy, I would have thought Chansiri would have made this appointment earlier so as to give the new guy a fair run at turning the club around. The timing suggests that Chansiri was hoping Thompson was up to the job but the urgency of the situation forced him into the change.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

If it was a change in direction and strategy, I would have thought Chansiri would have made this appointment earlier so as to give the new guy a fair run at turning the club around. The timing suggests that Chansiri was hoping Thompson was up to the job but the urgency of the situation forced him into the change.

I was fully expecting DC to keep Thompson on till the end of the season, so surprised by today's developments and not quite sure what to make of it.  Might glean something from the Press Conference