Chansiri - A new direction ?

7 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Moore’s our second BAME manager - Jos is half Indonesian 

Be good to see it reflected in the fan base as well We probably have one of the least diverse fan bases in the country Literally, in all my years supporting Wednesday, I can’t recall seeing more than a couple of dozen black and mixed race Owls fans

• Like 3

Personally I think this is a sensible appointment albeit a bit late. A last throw if the dice to try and stave off relegation but a good pair if hands to manage us in League 1 should we go down.

Always thought he was harshly treated at Albion and has done a good job at Donny.

I'd be amazed if he did keep us up with this group if players. Saturday just illustrated they're not up for the fight.

I just hope people give him a chance but I imagine as soon as we lose our next game the usual comments will appear, out of his depth, can't handle a big club, unproven in the championship blah, blah, blah.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

If it was a change in direction and strategy, I would have thought Chansiri would have made this appointment earlier so as to give the new guy a fair run at turning the club around. The timing suggests that Chansiri was hoping Thompson was up to the job but the urgency of the situation forced him into the change.

My thoughts are all the nonsense  playoff talk from Dc was just a smoke screen and bravado. Trying to save face even though he knew there was a heavy reality we were going to get relagated. Hence the lack of urgency renewing contracts,re signing players on champ wages then going down would be financially really hard on us. 

Now with the news we're bringing in a manager that's been working in league 1 it's as if he's resigned to expecting us to get relagated and giving the new man a free hit and a few months to get settled in and decide who and what we need. For once it looks like he's implementing a little bit of forward thinking. 

If somehow Moore does keep us up hell have had a good number of games to assess the situation and time over the summer to implement what's needed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ANDY said:

With the appointment of DM does this show that Chansiri has gone in a new direction with his thinking ??

He has always said he wouldn’t try to get a manager/coach that was in current employment. 

Will DM have first and final say in ALL team goings on ??

What happened on Friday for Chansiri to make the call to DRFC ?  Why wasn’t contact made after the midweek defeat ?

Has Chansiri FINALLY seen the light ? 

lol   X 1000000000000000

• Like 1

What DC says and does are totally different things and the amount of times, he's said one thing, only to contradict himself is ludicrously frequent. Hopefully Darren Moore's appointment is a change of direction and a long term appointment because it looks a smart forward thinking appointment but DC's never done anything sensible before during his reign. I fear that like every other appointment it will go wrong but hopefully in the long run, Darren Moore proves to be a sensible appointment and a long term success. 

4 hours ago, ANDY said:

With the appointment of DM does this show that Chansiri has gone in a new direction with his thinking ??

He has always said he wouldn’t try to get a manager/coach that was in current employment. 

Will DM have first and final say in ALL team goings on ??

What happened on Friday for Chansiri to make the call to DRFC ?  Why wasn’t contact made after the midweek defeat ?

Has Chansiri FINALLY seen the light ? 

I think you're right, he was going round in circles (clock-wise), he's  turned around. 

Edited by daleblue

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Now with the news we're bringing in a manager that's been working in league 1 it's as if he's resigned to expecting us to get relegated and giving the new man a free hit and a few months to get settled in and decide who and what we need. For once it looks like he's implementing a little bit of forward thinking. 

That's not what people want to hear...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, full fathom five said:

The club is going in a new direction, a Thai owner and Jamaican manager, SWFC moving with the times.

(and dem blades say we're a racist club)

He's a brummie I think ....

• Like 1