The 20/21 season ticket dilemma

So it seems people are having some success obtaining refunds on their 20/21 STs through credit card companies.

Personally, I'm torn. I don't need to get the money back asap. but I don't feel I shouid be forced into a L1 season ticket at £555, and the way the club is being run at the moment, I feel this is a way of taking a stand. 

On the other hand, it doesn't feel right causing more problems when Covid is depriving the club of any opportunity to make money, but then DC has said previously the money from fans doesnt pay for anything.

So, yes or no question....if you had to make the choice tonorrow of a refund on your 20/21 ST or carrying it forward to a 21/22 ST (that could be a L1 ticket) what wouid you do?

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

So it seems people are having some success obtaining refunds on their 20/21 STs through credit card companies.

Personally, I'm torn. I don't need to get the money back asap. but I don't feel I shouid be forced into a L1 season ticket at £555, and the way the club is being run at the moment, I feel this is a way of taking a stand. 

On the other hand, it doesn't feel right causing more problems when Covid is depriving the club of any opportunity to make money, but then DC has said previously the money from fans doesnt pay for anything.

So, yes or no question....if you had to make the choice tonorrow of a refund on your 20/21 ST or carrying it forward to a 21/22 ST (that could be a L1 ticket) what wouid you do?

You even have to ask?  REFUND    

• Like 3

Just now, latemodelchild said:

I'd happily carry half of it forward. Have half the cash back and pay half for next seasons season ticket. I reckon the club would bring in more money offering that than saying full refund or carry it all over. If you know what I mean 

At least then they could reduce POTG if we're relegated. With the pla  of carrying forward they can't do that and the walk up would be next to nothing 

Wouldn't need to be half price for me, but there wouid need to be some sort of significant gesture.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Definitely a question for your CC company as all companies work to different timescales in each instance

It’s not for me personally, just wondering if 1,000 fans suddenly all did this and the club has to find half a million quid - what powers do the CC company have to get the money back?

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think the CC company take it back from SWFC and then SWFC can appeal it.

Don't think we'd be waiting on Wednesday.

No, I get that. But ‘take it back’, they can’t just take £500,000 off Wednesday - they’d have to request it surly?

If (when) we go down you'd have thought prices would have to be reduced if for nothing more than a gesture of goodwill to those whose money the club have had for the last year. 

POTG sales would be massively impacted with the current price structure in the championship let alone league 1 so some mechanism needs to be in place to allow lower pricing. Reducing ST prices opens the door for that.

Of course I don't actually expect any of the above to actually happen.

Just now, Essix Blue said:

It’s not for me personally, just wondering if 1,000 fans suddenly all did this and the club has to find half a million quid - what powers do the CC company have to get the money back?

I think they wouid just receive a bill that needed paying in line with the t's and c's of service.

Everyone should do what's right for them in the present climate

Chansiri did state season ticket money didn't make much difference to the finance's but that was before covid and a national Pandemic 

My take on it is it's my club and I want to help out and try and safeguard it's existence

• Like 4