The 20/21 season ticket dilemma

3 minutes ago, STEELWORKER said:

So if the money from the fans doesn't pay for anything, why is he dithering and holding on to money he clearly doesn't need?

It could be to do with the fact that he's spent £200 million and made the club and playing staff worse than before the investment.

That takes some doing.

The only credit allowed in the books are commercial income..player sales and depreciation.

He's probably being tardy with the refunds so that he can justify the accounts not being ready to submit...or a whole host of other reasons that put the fans at the bottom of the pile in his estimation.

I'm late into this thread, but I paid my money and by gods will (I'm not religious, by the way, it's just a term) we could not attend.

The money, to me - is a sunk cost.  I would have paid it out regardless. 

I don't miss the money, it matters little to the grand scheme of things if I get a season ticket for me an my lad next season without having to actually pay extra out.    It just means I will be paying less out next season.

I can't seriously hurt the club with this.    I made my choice and a global catastrophe made them not able to fulfil it.

3 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

I’d take £75-100 back off my Season Ticket on the Kop & roll it over into next season. I’m not mad keen on paying £455 for League One football.

An average of around £375 would put us at the upper end of the league from what I can see at a glance. No one should be paying more than £20 a game in that league. 

Id have the first round of early bird at..

Kop £330

South £425

North £375

Like I say above, that would still be easily one of the most expensive tickets in the league. But the fans would be saving hundreds. 

That's the kind of thing I would hope they will consider. I've used I-follow for home games when not on Sky so that's around £200 credit off the £555 paid for a grandstand ticket. This means the club will still have £355 of my money to carry over, which I think is just about enough for a 3rd division season ticket if we go down. 

3 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I'm late into this thread, but I paid my money and by gods will (I'm not religious, by the way, it's just a term) we could not attend.

The money, to me - is a sunk cost.  I would have paid it out regardless. 

I don't miss the money, it matters little to the grand scheme of things if I get a season ticket for me an my lad next season without having to actually pay extra out.    It just means I will be paying less out next season.

I can't seriously hurt the club with this.    I made my choice and a global catastrophe made them not able to fulfil it.

Me too, due to the fact that I have seen every away match this season I have seen more of Wednesday than in any other season since 1958. I can't say I have totally enjoyed it but never the less there have been some moments. We will roll over into next season assuming the game opens up and in so doing will protect early bird discounts , if still on offer. 

5 hours ago, wiggy said:

I was all for leaving my money in the club. I did for my 19/20 season ticket. But they have shown utter contempt for us. 

Still waiting for a refund on 4 Bristol city away tickets. Getting on for a year now. It’s nothing short of a disgrace. The money isn’t the issue now, I’m fortunate that my work situation has remained the same during Covid. But that’s not the case for many others. It stinks. 

So I’d say they reap what they sow. Do what is best for your own personal circumstance. They are. 

I’ve had the refund on my season ticket but forgot about the Bristol away tickets.

If Chansiri wasn't running( ruining)  my club I wouldn't ask for a refund normally and would carry it over to next season but because he is and has put us where we are right now then I feel it's my right to ask for a refund.

• Like 5

Will be leaving my season ticket for this season to roll over to next.  

Be interesting to see pricing strategy regardless of Division.  The early bird ticket should be the cheapest option available so if prices for POTG are to be reduced along with subsequent season ticket sales than a rebate should be offered to those of us who shelled out in February 2020

8 hours ago, mirocevic said:

The problem is I have had my seat for years and it’s central in the south and they do not come up very often so I am loathed to give it up.

Unfortunately I'm in the same area and have bit the bullet and made a stance ...I will not be returning whilst Chancer is here.

• Like 3

Price has never been an influence for me when buying a season ticket; like a sucker I just pay it out of blind loyalty. But if we go down I will seriously consider not renewing if Chansiri dreams up some ridiculous pricing structure for League 1 football.  He'll probably justify it by asking us if we want to go back 15 years again :ph34r: