Liam shaw

10 hours ago, s6 owl said:

The difference is their players were straight into the refs ear when Shaw made the foul while ours just roll over and let the opposition take the p**s without contesting.

Even their keeper came running out at the second tackle for a yellow card.

Mind you no way the first tackle was a foul and the second was very marginal . The blokes on Quest thought the referee made a mistake and Lee Mason has of course just been taken off refereering in the Premiership after complaints from clubs like Southampton. Thought of appealing?

6 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Mind you no way the first tackle was a foul and the second was very marginal . The blokes on Quest thought the referee made a mistake and Lee Mason has of course just been taken off refereering in the Premiership after complaints from clubs like Southampton. Thought of appealing?

You can’t appeal 2 yellows. Which is ridiculous 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, victorturner said:

2nd booking was warranted.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, fredowl said:

most coaches tell players stay on your feet not liams case

Are sliding tackles against the rules now, because that’s all it was. 

1 minute ago, fredowl said:

got the ball clearly but left some on the player also, in that area of the pitch there was no need to even tackle him 

The bit about no need to tackle in a particular part of the pitch is an interesting one isn't it though

I agree that maybe in that part of the pitch there was no need for such a robust tackle

But if the tackle is good, and the refereeing can be trusted to be fair, then what's the harm in making it in that part (or any) of the pitch?

If that makes sense?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
Just now, fredowl said:

got the ball clearly but left some on the player also, in that area of the pitch there was no need to even tackle him 

saying there’s no need doesn’t make it wrong or a foul. It was a sliding tackle. He took the ball clean. Wasn’t high. Wasn’t dangerous. Their player end up on his arse after follow-through, but it wasn’t reckless and there was no injury. 

1 minute ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

I hope some supporters give him a bit of support should they have twitter type accounts.

The insults hurled at him that were shown by Neil yesterday were bloody disgusting.

There are fans on Twitter who have offered messages of support to him and told him to ignore the bad ones

Truth is though - it's simply human nature to see, read, digest and focus on the hateful ones

That's true of footballers, TV people, movie stars, youtubers, musicians, politicians etc

it's leading to serious mental health issues and has already led to suicides 

If someone gets 10000 positive messages and 2 horrific ones - they will focus on the 2 horrific ones

And no amount of 'they shouldn't do that then' will fix it - because it's simply not possible to NOT focus on the bad messages you recieve

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The bit about no need to tackle in a particular part of the pitch is an interesting one isn't it though

I agree that maybe in that part of the pitch there was no need for such a robust tackle

But if the tackle is good, and the refereeing can be trusted to be fair, then what's the harm in making it in that part (or any) of the pitch?

If that makes sense?

that type of tackle is maybe a better way of putting it hopefully the lad will learn with experience just not the hutchinson  way 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All those slating Liam Shaw saying he shouldn't play for us now will get exactly what they wanted in the next few games

Enjoy 

Joey...:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

saying there’s no need doesn’t make it wrong or a foul. It was a sliding tackle. He took the ball clean. Wasn’t high. Wasn’t dangerous. Their player end up on his arse after follow-through, but it wasn’t reckless and there was no injury. 

I thought it was as clear a foul as you will ever see by today’s standards and deserved a booking.  His trailing leg took the player out from behind.  Was unlucky with first booking (having seen it a few times now I thought Birmingham player dived), but for a player already on a yellow card that second challenge was pretty stupid.

I used to love a sliding tackle, but increasingly players have to stay on their feet these days or risk giving fouls away.

On 20/02/2021 at 22:26, Dot said:

I think most people can see the first one wasn't a yellow.

but on a yellow, he shouldn't have made the utterly stupid tackle that got him sent off

It was a great tackle. End of story, won the ball clearly, went in 1 footed, grounded, fully in control. 

On 20/02/2021 at 22:27, @owlstalk said:

Yeah totally

But the first 'foul' wans't even a foul

I despair with some decisions made by referee's today.

What's even more frustrating is they are rarely held to task over them.