Is Thompson up to the job..

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Fitness. It’s a very long time since they have played a lot of games consecutively and the current schedule is as intense as it’s ever been but you knew that, didn’t you? 🙄

No I didn't.. ..this is going down to the wire and if those two are crucial to our survival as you say then we cant afford not to play them if there fit .....we know there injury records arnt good and are capable of breaking down wether rested or not so while they can play they should .

10 hours ago, crookesowl said:

I see your point but... we are picking up points and at this rate we’ll be safe. 

I wouldn’t change a thing. I’m sure DC is thinking the same. 

Stops the calls for a change after a bad result though. Gives players, Thompson and supporters clarity until the end of the season. 

Chansiri thinking? I’m not sure that’s possible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Personally I'd appoint Thompson or give him till the end of the season, however I think DC wants a foreign head coach and it's more likely Thompson will be in charge until DC can bring in a foreign head coach. 

I think he will remain in Caretaker role and the club will be sold at the end of the season allowing the new owner(s) to bring in their own manager

Thompson seems a genuinely decent chap and is well liked by the players and they are all playing for him. Most of decisions he has made have come off and his tactics have been superior to Monks and Pulis.

Main reservation is I am not sure if he can build a team and has contacts in game to get players in we need to move the team on.

I wish him well and hope he can keep up current record as it would easily get us out of trouble.

The point I was trying to make is that NT tried Windass and Green up front at Coventry and it failed miserably.

NT really seems to have learned from that.

In the next match versus Preston the front two were Patterson and Kachunga and alst night Patterson and Rhodes.

Learning from mistakes is key (DC should try it some time).

In our specific situation we need a good coach, not a manager.

Thompson is doing a great job leading this squad of players and as such should be left in charge until the end of the season. Even if we have a couple of bad results there nothing to be gained getting someone else in as it extremely unlikely they'll be able to do any better in the sort term.

However, I'm not sure Thompson has the right credentials or skills to put a squad together to take us forward. We need to take this time between now and the end of the season to make sure we get the right appointment to do that.