Is Thompson up to the job..

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

as he will know that working for DC is dysfunctional.

He ought to, he's been here 10yrs.

Might be why he hasn't been given the job permanently, as DC would hate to sack him next christmas.

DC will get more cannon fodder in for next season, almost certain.

17 hours ago, 0114 said:

Just hope the club clarify Thompson’s position and name him manager until the end of the season rather than just leave him as a caretaker.

Absolutely correct

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I wonder if he is keen for the job permanently as he will know that working for DC is dysfunctional.

He would likely get a big pay rise so why wouldn't he.

Would probably know he would be lucky to last a year (as all managers at Championship level know) but would also know he is unlikely to get a chance like that again.

I know he is doing well at moment and deserves to be given it until end of season but just think we need someone more experienced next season.

Our problems wont magically disappear if we avoid relegation.

7 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I really like him, and he seems to be rubbing off on the players too 

You could see in his post match interview that he’s not afraid to speak up and rollock the players if they’re not performing too 

I particularly liked his comments about getting the ball crossed early before the defenders are ready,  Simple and effective like HW used to play.  I can't honestly see that a new manager would improve us, it might set us back.  Carry on Neil, we won't win every game  but win one lose one is better than 2 draws and being "unbeaten". 

Just now, 31Dec1966 said:

I particularly liked his comments about getting the ball crossed early before the defenders are ready,  Simple and effective like HW used to play.  I can't honestly see that a new manager would improve us, it might set us back.  Carry on Neil, we won't win every game  but win one lose one is better than 2 draws and being "unbeaten". 

A new ‘modern’ manager comes in with all these technicalities and bullsh*t which just confuses the players 

Ive said it a million times on here. Football has been completely and utterly over complicated for no reason 

Neil Thompson is going to be a legend at our club, even bigger than Big Ron, well If My England save on Football Manager 2020 is anything to go by.

As I was dominating the globe with England, Neil Thompson turned Wednesday into the dominant club in Europe, here are the honors;

2026 Europa League winners

2027 Champions League winners and FA Cup winners

2028 Champions League winners and FA Cup winners

Given the good start hes made with a mediorce team, the sky is the limit!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

A new ‘modern’ manager comes in with all these technicalities and bullsh*t which just confuses the players 

Ive said it a million times on here. Football has been completely and utterly over complicated for no reason 

Couldn't agree more. I too have said it many times, football is a simple game.  And when it's played simply it's exciting. People say under HW and Jack the football was poor. I didn't think so, we started winning! after years of dross. NT understands this, like the fans. Under HW, Marwood down the wing, into Chapman, goal, under JC, Curran down the wing into McCullough, goal. Now, Harris or Reach down the wing into Rhodes or Patterson, goal. 

• Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 17:39, 31Dec1966 said:

He has been coach for a while so not sure record is that good

50 minutes ago, gaz62uk said:

After last night no way his sub's were rubbish, was looking for the point and not the win which we can't afford to do atm.

His subs were cautious and defensive. He left the midfield open with Joey on for Hutchinson,  who moved back,  and Dunkley,  much praiseed lionheart,  at the back was taken off (because he was a bit tired). His height at the back was essential to the end because we know Fletcher's only strength near goal is nodding in the easy ones, which he did because he wasn't hustled.

Appalling,  and after Coventry and Millwall this was one defeat too many for any decent manger/coach.. 

Fletcher wouldn't have scored if Paterson hadn't headed it back into a dangerous area, from what I could see. What on earth was he playing at?  A really poor goal to concede, but was always likely to happen when you let the opposition come on to you. We really are slow, slow learners in that respect. Substitutions were dire IMO.