Is Thompson up to the job..

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, alanharper said:

Thompson - 15 points from 21

Monk and Pulis - 19 points from 63

Wow. 

That stat is unbelievable.

On another much older thread I said give the job to Thompson and Bullen until the end of the season, but tell them it's not their job to keep permanently - I think I was roundly turned upon.

is 

I still think the same.

To me nothing has changed - this setup will lose games, they will win games - has been proven.   I don't think this setup, wether you call it Thompson, or Thompson and Bullen, will be here permanently.    However I do believe we have no choice.

I said this before the transfer window opened, never mind closed.

I still think i'm right.

In his current role as Caretaker Manager does he carry on with his PAY as youth team manager/coach?

If DC gives him the Manager job (even if its untill the end of the season) does his PAY have to increase too fit that role?

If both the above are the case then its a no brainer for me (and probably for DC), Status Quo while ever hes providing the results he is.

35 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Just hope the club clarify Thompson’s position and name him manager until the end of the season rather than just leave him as a caretaker.

I see your point but... we are picking up points and at this rate we’ll be safe. 

I wouldn’t change a thing. I’m sure DC is thinking the same. 

Just now, Jim said:

Tonight he made some but gambled a bit with Westwood and Hutchinson. Keep these two fit and available, we stay up. No doubt in my mind about that.

if we stay up if those two play why is it a gamble to play them ......on that basis its more of a gamble to leave them out as it must weaken the team . 

21 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

this setup will lose games, they will win games - has been proven.

Don't hedge ALL your bets 🤣 FWIW I think we will lose games but will string two or three results together after a loss which will get us out of the bottom three