Nixon’s take on the managerial situation

Guest buster123

DC is in the best position he can be'

Thompson is winning games and everyone's happy'

Thompson is the cheapest option by miles.

He doesn't have to make a decision unless things start going wrong.

And finally he can take all the credit if things work out.

9 hours ago, buster123 said:

DC is in the best position he can be'

Thompson is winning games and everyone's happy'

Thompson is the cheapest option by miles.

He doesn't have to make a decision unless things start going wrong.

And finally he can take all the credit if things work out.

and given our current situation, Thompson is better placed to know what’s needed than any of the others

The managerial situation is a mess. Not sure why people having a go at the journalist.

Had a caretaker just about as long as last permanent manager.

Got away with it a bit because results were decent.

After yesterday though they have make their mind if want Thompson until end of season (my preferred choice) or bring someone in with a good amount of games left.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

The managerial situation is a mess. Not sure why people having a go at the journalist.

Had a caretaker just about as long as last permanent manager.

Got away with it a bit because results were decent.

After yesterday though they have make their mind if want Thompson until end of season (my preferred choice) or bring someone in with a good amount of games left.

The thing with bringing somebody in, he would have little or no time to get to know the players, especially with the hectic Feb schedule He couldn’t change the personnel , and by the time he might be able to get his ideas across, it would probably be too late

36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The thing with bringing somebody in, he would have little or no time to get to know the players, especially with the hectic Feb schedule He couldn’t change the personnel , and by the time he might be able to get his ideas across, it would probably be too late

Too late to change horses now. Let NT have it whilst ever we can mathematically stay up.

I rarely have a positive thing to say about Chansiri but this view from Nixon puzzles me. 

If Chansiri has interviewed a bunch of potential managers and not taken any of them on because the current caretaker manager is doing a very good job why is that so crazy? In what business are you forced to employ one of the people you have interviewed? We do it all the time at our office. Plenty of times weve interviewed half a dozen people and not employed any of them. 

Is the right way to run a football club to take on one of the candidates even if you have major doubts that person could better the position of the club under the current caretaker?

Edited by poite
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, timrud said:

Agreed a lot of the negativity in the press is because DC runs a tight ship and they don't get a sniff. Credit to DC

The only reason Chancer doest speak to the press is because they will ask him questions he cannot answer.

So no credit to him one bit - HMRC still to be paid.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, poite said:

I rarely have a positive thing to say about Chansiri but this view from Nixon puzzles me. 

If Chansiri has interviewed a bunch of potential managers and not taken any of them on because the current caretaker manager is doing a very good job why is that so crazy? In what business are you forced to employ one of the people you have interviewed? We do it all the time at our office. Plenty of times weve interviewed half a dozen people and not employed any of them. 

Is the right way to run a football club to take on one of the candidates even if you have major doubts that person could better the position of the club under the current caretaker?

I guess he's probably thinking if that is the case and the caretaker is looking like the right bloke then why not appoint him. Otherwise don't we just look a little like we are edging our bets or unsure how to proceed?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I guess he's probably thinking if that is the case and the caretaker is looking like the right bloke then why not appoint him. Otherwise don't we just look a little like we are edging our bets or unsure how to proceed?

Yeah that's a fair point. Can see that. 

I do get that feeling though that as soon as Thompson is given the job properly it all starts to go wrong. Theres no evidence to base this on but I sort of feel like maybe he's doing well as his coaching the team without the pressure of actually holding the formal responsibility. Is it a more relaxed environment with nothing to lose that's helping us? Really not sure. On the flip side I'm a massive fan of Stuart Gray and he (imo) did a great job after caretaking