Jump to content

Nixon’s take on the managerial situation


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, timrud said:

 

Agreed a lot of the negativity in the press is because DC runs a tight ship and they don't get a sniff. Credit to DC

The only reason Chancer doest speak to the press is because they will ask him questions he cannot answer.

So no credit to him one bit - HMRC still to be paid.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, poite said:

I rarely have a positive thing to say about Chansiri but this view from Nixon puzzles me. 

 

If Chansiri has interviewed a bunch of potential managers and not taken any of them on because the current caretaker manager is doing a very good job why is that so crazy? In what business are you forced to employ one of the people you have interviewed? We do it all the time at our office. Plenty of times weve interviewed half a dozen people and not employed any of them. 

 

Is the right way to run a football club to take on one of the candidates even if you have major doubts that person could better the position of the club under the current caretaker?

 

I guess he's probably thinking if that is the case and the caretaker is looking like the right bloke then why not appoint him. Otherwise don't we just look a little like we are edging our bets or unsure how to proceed?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

HMRC still to be paid.

 

Can you expand on that I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else?

Edited by Morepork
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Morepork said:

 

I guess he's probably thinking if that is the case and the caretaker is looking like the right bloke then why not appoint him. Otherwise don't we just look a little like we are edging our bets or unsure how to proceed?

 

Yeah that's a fair point. Can see that. 

 

I do get that feeling though that as soon as Thompson is given the job properly it all starts to go wrong. Theres no evidence to base this on but I sort of feel like maybe he's doing well as his coaching the team without the pressure of actually holding the formal responsibility. Is it a more relaxed environment with nothing to lose that's helping us? Really not sure. On the flip side I'm a massive fan of Stuart Gray and he (imo) did a great job after caretaking 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

The only reason Chancer doest speak to the press is because they will ask him questions he cannot answer.

So no credit to him one bit - HMRC still to be paid.

 

And if a journo asks him questions he doesn't like, he refuses to speak to them again. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, poite said:

 

Yeah that's a fair point. Can see that. 

 

I do get that feeling though that as soon as Thompson is given the job properly it all starts to go wrong. Theres no evidence to base this on but I sort of feel like maybe he's doing well as his coaching the team without the pressure of actually holding the formal responsibility. Is it a more relaxed environment with nothing to lose that's helping us? Really not sure. On the flip side I'm a massive fan of Stuart Gray and he (imo) did a great job after caretaking 

 

I know exactly what you mean by that, I think many of us feel the same. That said,  running a football club "business" entails making tough decisions and as DC is the decision maker........ Unless of course, we are about to complete the season with a caretaker in charge. Regardless though, an appointment or announcement with slightly more permanence should probably be made.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Monk was the manager with the best experience of dealing with a Championship points deduction,& avoiding relegation.No manager had the experience he had,& results were starting to turn....

Made no sense whatsoever at that point to sack him...after persevering up to that point...Should have been given a chance to see if the improvement continued,& if we pulled away from the bottom 3,(6 matches?)would have been no worse than allowing the next manager in the hot seat to fail as he did..........

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Johnny Bixon said:

 

Chansiri could be managing Sheffield Wednesday a bit better than he is doing


WTF:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

The only reason Chancer doest speak to the press is because they will ask him questions he cannot answer.

So no credit to him one bit - HMRC still to be paid.

Question 1: Do you know what you are doing?

Question 2: why are you still reliant on Paxo?

Question 3: what's your plan for the club?

 

Then, we can get into matters such as manager, squad imbalance, players out of contract, relegation, L1 wage cap, neglect on infrastructure including; facilities, executive staff, overdue accounts, FFP, season ticket refund debt, appalling behaviour in the press, deteriorating club reputation.......

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's the equivalent of a man running into a knitting club after seeing 'KNITTING CLUB" sign on the outside of the building then walking in, looking around, checking out the people inside knitting and then shouting "I AM NOT INTERESTED IN KNITTING"

 

lol

 


Just wondered... is it a well run Knitting Club?
 

Incase we all need a new hobby soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, striker said:

Question 1: Do you know what you are doing?

Question 2: why are you still reliant on Paxo?

Question 3: what's your plan for the club?

 

Then, we can get into matters such as manager, squad imbalance, players out of contract, relegation, L1 wage cap, neglect on infrastructure including; facilities, executive staff, overdue accounts, FFP, season ticket refund debt, appalling behaviour in the press, deteriorating club reputation.......

 

 

 

 

 

 

Can just boil it down to one question..


In your six years at the football club which part of the football club have you improved and can you talk us through it please

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The part where Nixon says ‘For now’ could be interesting if he knows something - like these managers just being on the back burner etc. 
 

Other than that I’m not sure if it’s any ‘help’ really. 
 

(and I have no issue with NixonBixon) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kopparberg said:

The part where Nixon says ‘For now’ could be interesting if he knows something - like these managers just being on the back burner etc. 
 

Other than that I’m not sure if it’s any ‘help’ really. 
 

(and I have no issue with NixonBixon) 

 

 

Why would Nixon want to 'help' us?


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Why would Nixon want to 'help' us?


Well indeed. He’s just a sports writer dude. He owes us nothing. 
 

I meant that, to me the only helpful information could be:

 

 is there some meaning in the ‘for now’ bit ?  ..... is he hinting that we have a stockpile of poo managers to call on incase NT fails, who are currently getting annoyed at waiting ? 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parajack said:

Monk was the manager with the best experience of dealing with a Championship points deduction,& avoiding relegation.No manager had the experience he had,& results were starting to turn....

Made no sense whatsoever at that point to sack him...after persevering up to that point...Should have been given a chance to see if the improvement continued,& if we pulled away from the bottom 3,(6 matches?)would have been no worse than allowing the next manager in the hot seat to fail as he did..........

Flat Earthers who have ticked 'laughing' icon should consider the manager who replaced him,did worse the GM   so before knee jerking another reply,might want to consider we may well only get Monks old under study to replace TP....ha ha ha ha eh??....down to a shortlist of 2 in todays print media...****ing hilarious eh?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think he looking for a way out and has pulled the plug financially? If he as done this it’s makes no sense to go employe anybody when a current employee is doing ok? Not much movement in transfers wise although deals been offered to players no one signed ( agree our predicament relegation wise will have a barring ) but my guess is wots been offered isn’t exactly tempting? Just my take on it

Link to post
Share on other sites

DC's clueless, his shambolic running of the club, along with his chums, will eventually take us down into the lower leagues. It looks as though we'll probably go down, we had shown some fight and picked up results under Thompson but none the less an appointment should have been made one way or another after Pulis, it's gone on too long and ultimately we'll go down through the way the club has been ran.

 

Thompson gave it a go and could stick it out till the end of the season but DC seems to want a foreign head coach, fair enough if he can appoint a decent one or one with some experience of coaching over here but Cook seemed ideal for a struggling club in our situation on the brink of League One.

 

After ruling out Cook, I'd have given it to Thompson till the end of the season at least but after Millwall I'm not sure anymore, think a decision should be made either way to give it a go this season to stay up and to plan for the future which looks like being in the third tier. Can still see DC dithering longer, leaving Thompson in charge until he can hire a foreign head coach, which given the pandemic and things could be next season or something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, parajack said:

Monk was the manager with the best experience of dealing with a Championship points deduction,& avoiding relegation.No manager had the experience he had,& results were starting to turn....

Made no sense whatsoever at that point to sack him...after persevering up to that point...Should have been given a chance to see if the improvement continued,& if we pulled away from the bottom 3,(6 matches?)would have been no worse than allowing the next manager in the hot seat to fail as he did..........

 

Monk shouldn't have even started the season, that collapse from 3rd to relegation survival was among our worst form in our entire history. Jos, Monk and Pulis were shocking appointments, neither suited our squad. Carlos and Bruce have been DC's only decent appointments, Carlos got us close and Bruce before he left us in the lurch seemed the real deal if he had stayed. DC's record of appointments is mixed at best but we've been on a steady decline, apart from briefly when Bruce was appointed and when we somehow got to 3rd under Monk, ever since Wembley, we've gone from one shambolic disaster to another.

 

Recruitment as been poor and things have got worse each year on and off the pitch ever since the play off near misses. Ultimately with the way the club is being ran, we'll end up in the lower leagues, next season or eventually. If we go down it will be mostly because of DC and his chums, Thompson, the rest of the coaches and the players have at least given it a go and showed fight and character before the Millwall game but ultimately it won't be enough and if it isn't enough, DC should be the one to blame, along with the vultures he uses as advisers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, parajack said:

Monk was the manager with the best experience of dealing with a Championship points deduction,& avoiding relegation.No manager had the experience he had,& results were starting to turn....

Made no sense whatsoever at that point to sack him...after persevering up to that point...Should have been given a chance to see if the improvement continued,& if we pulled away from the bottom 3,(6 matches?)would have been no worse than allowing the next manager in the hot seat to fail as he did..........

It’s not a popular view to have, but I think had he continued with Monk we would be in a better position than we are now

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Can just boil it down to one question..


In your six years at the football club which part of the football club have you improved and can you talk us through it please

 

Cue a half-hour rant about the scoreboard.

 

:duntmatter:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...