Nixon’s take on the managerial situation

Basically he's salty about his mate not getting the job - awful journalism in action here.

We are winning games - why post a highly negative article?

1 minute ago, Tony Pulis said:

Nixon's just annoyed because he can't get a scoop on this

Agreed a lot of the negativity in the press is because DC runs a tight ship and they don't get a sniff. Credit to DC

It's hard to argue against keeping with Thompson - he's achieved play-off form; the players like him and he's playing football in the opponents half. This is a massive improvement from mid-December.

Of course my fickle opinion will change if we lose two or three on the bounce playing rubbish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I’m guessing if Nixon was chairman he would change it, considering our current form and the fact the players seemingly like Thompson and want to play for him? 

But no, let’s bring a random foreigner with no knowledge of this league or the players, just in time for a relegation battle 

Makes perfect sense that 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

More time wasting from the club. None of the managers linked, would give us a better chance of staying up, were they to be appointed None know the players, and would have no chance to bring in trusted new players of their own. Cant see that any of them have the sort of track record, that demands we move for them now We’ve seen the results of bringing in a so called relegation troubleshooter, and that went well didn’t it. No, leave Thompson in charge, he’s doing OK, and then reassess in the summer, when we will know what division we are in If we then decide to bring in an overseas coach, at least he will have a transfer window, and all summer to install his ideas

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, FreshOwl said:

My thoughts will be the same. Are we expected to win every game, what if we draw today? 

No we’re not. I agree by the way. I’d just give it Thompson until the end of the season - leave it how it is. 

But I think it’s all a bit chaotic isn’t it? Interviewing managers and then not following it up with an appointment. Hardly professional. 

But anyway as long as we’re winning it doesn’t matter.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No we’re not. I agree by the way. I’d just give it Thompson until the end of the season - leave it how it is. 

But I think it’s all a bit chaotic isn’t it? Interviewing managers and then not following it up with an appointment. Hardly professional. 

But anyway as long as we’re winning it doesn’t matter.

Definitely, change nothing.

I see absolutely no benefit of bringing in a random overseas coach with no knowledge of the players or league when we’re in a relegation battle.

Lets get to the summer (hopefully safe) and go from there 

• Like 1