Nixon’s take on the managerial situation

1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

Cook

Have a little think about what you're posting

Think about if it's true or not

Think if what you posted is accurate

Also - if you can - post a link to where this sports writer and Paul Cook have ever been mates, or where it's ever been suggested

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, timrud said:

Basically he's salty about his mate not getting the job - awful journalism in action here.

We are winning games - why post a highly negative article?

It’s a mess. Had a short list. Spoke to them. And then stick with caretaker. For now. It’s how NOT to run a football club. 

The words are a little inflammatory. This is par for the course with journalists BUT the sentiment is 100% accurate. 

Wait and see is known as “management by hope”. It’s never a successful strategy. 

• Like 2

Biggs is a Chessie fan and Cook was the manager of Chessie who did a good job.

I very much doubt they're mates.

The idea of Biggs being anything but completely on the fence is hilarious tbh.

He writes articles that have about as much oomph as something you'd see in the Peak Advertiser.

Just now, SiJ said:

He writes articles that have about as much oomph as something you'd see in the Peak Advertiser.

Fence for sale.

Well used.

Just now, SiJ said:

I bet some people who clicked like on the post slating Nixon because his mate didn't get the job will read this post you've done and it STILL won't register with them that they've clicked like on something completely inaccurate/wrong

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Have a little think about what you're posting

Think about if it's true or not

Think if what you posted is accurate

Also - if you can - post a link to where this sports writer and Paul Cook have ever been mates, or where it's ever been suggested

Apologies, wrong journalist. Biggs was the one that pushed Cook, not Nixon. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This thread will be interesting if we lose today. 

Thought the same,especially when i saw Windass & JR on the bench.....JR fair enough,but even with Patterson playing,we are light up front...

Hope we are not going back to the lone striker approach....

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Definitely, change nothing.

I see absolutely no benefit of bringing in a random overseas coach with no knowledge of the players or league when we’re in a relegation battle.

Lets get to the summer (hopefully safe) and go from there 

Presumably the plan isn’t to appoint a random overseas coach but a carefully selected Messiah who will lead us to the sunlit uplands. 

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If a new sports writer called Johnny Bixon DID turn up today and published an article saying' Chansiri could be managing Sheffield Wednesday a bit better than he is doing' you'd get two or three people on here posting 'another stick to beat the club with' or 'who does this guy think he is? He knows nothing more than we do. He's just bitter because he doesn't have access to the club' 

Then 35 people would press like on that post

I agree he's no better or worse than any of the star or radio sheff all appalling in my opinion

This thread has been a witch hunt on an independent non-sheffield wednesday supporting sports writer called Alan Nixon because a couple of people have posted that he's angry that his mate Paul Cook didn't get the job

And people have been that desperate to jump in and pile on because it's a thread about a sports writer they've attacked Nixon without even realising they've got the wrong man completely

EMBARRASING

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, MarvelOwls said:

When you say stuff.....

I'm pretty good on 90s music trivia, Childrens TV programmes and General Knowledge 

I just dont think he is the messiah on all things SWFC. Do you?

Nobody says he is - not once 

Not one person has said or suggested that

But does he know more than you? 
Does he have more of an insight towards things that happen at our club than you?
Does have have more contacts in the game to get info from than you?

YEP

Maybe it's just turned into a tradition now for our paranoid 'everyone's out to get us' fanbase to just pile into ANY sports writer no  matter how many times they've been right, no matter if what they're saying is correct and no matter what it is they're saying

it's now reached the point where it's absolutely pointless to post any article written by any sports writer 

Instead we should just post the sports writers name as the thread title and than let the paranoid sheep jump in and attack and rip them to shreds

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

More time wasting from the club. None of the managers linked, would give us a better chance of staying up, were they to be appointed None know the players, and would have no chance to bring in trusted new players of their own. Cant see that any of them have the sort of track record, that demands we move for them now We’ve seen the results of bringing in a so called relegation troubleshooter, and that went well didn’t it. No, leave Thompson in charge, he’s doing OK, and then reassess in the summer, when we will know what division we are in If we then decide to bring in an overseas coach, at least he will have a transfer window, and all summer to install his ideas

Agree with every word. We didn't get a "new manager bounce" with Pulis, no reason why we would next time.  At least under NT we are having a go.  4 points from Millwall and Wycombe and there is no way we should change.

Guest Johnny Bixon
26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If a new sports writer called Johnny Bixon DID turn up today and published an article saying' Chansiri could be managing Sheffield Wednesday a bit better than he is doing' you'd get two or three people on here posting 'another stick to beat the club with' or 'who does this guy think he is? He knows nothing more than we do. He's just bitter because he doesn't have access to the club' 

Then 35 people would press like on that post

Chansiri could be managing Sheffield Wednesday a bit better than he is doing

1 minute ago, MarvelOwls said:

I've just skimmed over what you've put and it looks this has got you pretty worked up? 

Nope - not one bit

You sound angry - sounds like you're proper furious about all this

I can tell you're absolutely RAGEING and violent over this?

You sound like you'e LIVID?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop