Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Monk gave him a game here and there as he did a handful of young players. Pulis was the manager who got us talking about him

Shaw has been training with the first team for a while. He went out on loan. He was being developed. The end of his development we won’t see because we failed to get him under contract.

It’s as simple as that really. You can’t make excuses for it. A strong athletic player here with good feet, can play in a couple of positions, calm on the ball - should not be allowed to walk away for peanuts. Its not the first time this has happened. And I hazard a guess it will also happen with Urhoghide.

Are you trying to say this is all just bad luck and we didn’t know young 18 year olds might get better at football? It’s poo mate, can’t dress it up any other way.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Shaw has been training with the first team for a while. He went out on loan. He was being developed. The end of his development we won’t see because we failed to get him under contract.

It’s as simple as that really. You can’t make excuses for it. A strong athletic player here with good feet, can play in a couple of positions, calm on the ball - should not be allowed to walk away for peanuts. Its not the first time this has happened. And I hazard a guess it will also happen with Urhoghide.

Are you trying to say this is all just bad luck and we didn’t know young 18 year olds might get better at football? It’s poo mate, can’t dress it up any other way.

TBF mate i am told that up until October/November he was possibly getting released. It was felt that he had stagnated and its only when hes made the step up that hes flourished again. 

2 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

TBF mate i am told that up until October/November he was possibly getting released. It was felt that he had stagnated and its only when hes made the step up that hes flourished again. 

Stagnated?! He hadn’t been given a chance! Monk started him in a back three against QPR before he had that ankle injury which kept him out. Pulis put him straight back in as soon as he became manager. So clearly two managers thought highly enough of him to have him involved in the first team at 18/19. 

Find that incredible to believe and just further highlights the incompetence I’m on about. 

• Love 1

Personally unsure on the move to Celtic, and if he was as good as some are making him out to be more clubs in England (premiership in particular) would have been after him

The standard of SPL overall is probably the same if not worse than the Championship & the lure of Europe is only likely if they get through qualification.. and I can’t see there being a huge draw in working under Neil Lennon?! 

Other than money I really don’t understand it. 

50 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I didn't say it's bad luck, they hadn't realised his quality=bad on them

7 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Personally unsure on the move to Celtic, and if he was as good as some are making him out to be more clubs in England (premiership in particular) would have been after him

The standard of SPL overall is probably the same if not worse than the Championship & the lure of Europe is only likely if they get through qualification.. and I can’t see there being a huge draw in working under Neil Lennon?! 

other than winning things and playing in front of 60k supports too? 

6 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

You can’t say that! It’s an amazing standard of football.
Stevie May is top scorer for the team in 8th place, doesn’t get better than that.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah that’s fair enough. I just feel if we had a CEO or DOF this is the kind of thing they’d be monitoring it and making sure doesn’t happen.

It’s just so depressing.

Why? If he was good then Monk and team would have been saying to DC this guy is good make sure he gets a new contract! Job titles are irrelevant