Sheffield Wednesday building for a bright future

52 minutes ago, Siggi's Jonnson said:

Also remember having to huddle up to the girls from school on a cold day to keep them warm. A night match against QPR springs to mind. Also was there for the opening by the Queen. I am sure it was school outing as well.

I'll bet you've got a thing about Navy Blue Knickers haven't You?  🤪

13 minutes ago, tomo2001 said:

My dad had a metallic brown Datsun 120Y - very 70's colour

Splendid picture from the less hectic old days there 🙂

We had a Datsun 100A of the same metallic brown colour. In fact, my memory keeps telling me that most of them were that colour anyway. We did some road trips across the country in the summer to a rented cottage using that thing. I still cannot understand how the four of us fit in with the luggage and all.

2 hours ago, Manwë said:

Many young 'uns may not know it but the fans raised a large chunk of the money to pay for that roof.

Back in the day when fans paid for things.

Remember having to do a sponsored walk with Marlcliffe School we had to walk round the pitch about 100 times

6 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Remember having to do a sponsored walk with Marlcliffe School we had to walk round the pitch about 100 times

Ha! I was at Marlcliffe school at the time but I don't remember doing that.   I remember doing about 100 laps of the school (including the Top playground, somewhere we never went, including stepping through tyres, apple bobbing in the shed thing and all that stuff.  Happy days.  Can't remember what the money was for though.

Amazing what a community club we were then.  Now we are a one-man band who can do what he likes 'cos he owns it.

10 hours ago, Siggi's Jonnson said:

Bring back the roofless kop, I say! It's made the fans soft. Nothing like standing in a gale with the rain hitting you face on. And then getting hit in face by the umbrella of the bloke in front opening up. Those were the days.

With someone pizzing down your leg.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Manwë said:

Many young 'uns may not know it but the fans raised a large chunk of the money to pay for that roof.

Back in the day when fans paid for things.

Jack Walker at Blackburn was the catalyst for football today by buying the premier league for Blackburn.... Since then the Premier League has been all about money/ investment... Man City and Chelsea are prime examples of big clubs based purely on financial backing, as in the early '90's both were no bigger than us in terms of fans/supporters/ size and in terms of the players/ squad/ style of football played extremely inferior....  

On 22/01/2021 at 10:55, Siggi's Jonnson said:

Bring back the roofless kop, I say! It's made the fans soft. Nothing like standing in a gale with the rain hitting you face on. And then getting hit in face by the umbrella of the bloke in front opening up. Those were the days.

Don’t forget the warm reassuring feeling of the bloke behind tiddling down your leg when it was too packed to fight your way to the toilet. 

On 22/01/2021 at 11:18, Siggi's Jonnson said:

Also remember having to huddle up to the girls to keep them warm.

I tried that excuse. Got kicked out of the pub for "being inappropriate and weird". 

Political correctness gone mad!!

• Like 1