Wednesday players you forgot played for us thread

2 hours ago, Manwë said:

He was a big signing for us at the time.  I remember that we had a pre-season in the USA and he was unable to travel. I'm guessing it was something to do with visa waiver issues.

Either he was there to kill the president, was involved in Nazi war crimes, was Castro's right hand man, or he had a bit of previous with Her Majesty's finest.  Or knowing Wednesday, all of the above.

Guilty of pretending to be a footballer, that’s for sure. 

10 hours ago, toppOwl said:

The ones I totally forgot are:

Dave Bennett - Mr Soulglow

Mike Williams - all arms and legs, no skill

Carl Robinson - now a tubby manager who doesn't seem to like us

Adam Bolder - who??

Oguchi Onweyu - who?????

Didn’t Adam Bolder score a double in a Sheffield Derby? Or have I made that up?

3 hours ago, JumboRex said:

Didn’t Adam Bolder score a double in a Sheffield Derby? Or have I made that up?

We had a few really unmemorable derbies and I think he scored in one of those, Ian Hendon scored in one as well, they've not entered folklore as you'd expect a derby scorer to.

On 19/01/2021 at 11:11, SallyCinnamon said:

David Kasnik

Signed on loan in 2011 under Gary Megson from Olimpia Ljubljana. Despite being here for 6 months he made zero appearances. He currently plays for Rudar Velenje in the Slovenian second division. Not sure I would have messed with him though.

69794B5E-CDB5-46E2-86C6-CDBB3D0B61C0.jpeg

Yes Kasnic and Uchechi were both highlighted by Megson as players brought in by Milan, not him, neither of whom Megson wanted or rated as competent footballers. Turned out he was 100% correct and the two players were just brought in by MM to make the numbers up. Anybody know who advised MM on these signings? I remember asking the big bloke that ran the fan's forum meetings with the club (ex West Ham director involved with Tevez signing), who was responsible for signing players when we had no scouts and he told us that everybody at the club had contacts in the game and that they all came up with possible signings, which was when our loan player signings looked very dodgy for the first time ever, a very dodgy way of dealing that still goes on now, with no-one publicly paid by the club being given the full credit that should be rewarded for. Preferably with the sack, loss of payments and back payments to the club.

8 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Yes Kasnic and Uchechi were both highlighted by Megson as players brought in by Milan, not him, neither of whom Megson wanted or rated as competent footballers. Turned out he was 100% correct and the two players were just brought in by MM to make the numbers up. Anybody know who advised MM on these signings? I remember asking the big bloke that ran the fan's forum meetings with the club (ex West Ham director involved with Tevez signing), who was responsible for signing players when we had no scouts and he told us that everybody at the club had contacts in the game and that they all came up with possible signings, which was when our loan player signings looked very dodgy for the first time ever, a very dodgy way of dealing that still goes on now, with no-one publicly paid by the club being given the full credit that should be rewarded for. Preferably with the sack, loss of payments and back payments to the club.

On occasions, an agent will have a lot of quality players on the books. To position the club at the front of the queue, often a club has to take some dross from the same agent to get to the good players. It was this issue that led Keegan to quit Newcastle second time round. 

It may be  a few of those very  early signings in the DC era  under Gray were ones we took on to get access to better players like Joao, FF. that is pure guess work I should add . 

17 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

It’s murky football. I imagine it will happen at most clubs.

Edited by SallyCinnamon