Paixao brought in Pulis, Alonso wants Cook

10 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

The way I see it is that we are still in a really dangerous position in the league and that survival is critical.

It would be high risk to assume that we can stay ahead of Derby, Rotherham and Wycombe.  Rotherham are level on points but have two games in hand and they keep plugging away regardless.

This is why I feel we need an injection of an experienced Manager because there are going to be ups and downs in the next 23 games.

I am old enough to remember dreadful appointments like Danny Williams and Steve Burtenshaw and if we get this one wrong then League One beckons.

No manager is ever a unanimous choice among the fans but Paul Cook certainly has a good degree of support.

It would be good to know if Erik Alonso is backing Paul Cook as the Paixao-recommended appointments of Luhukay and Pulis have been disasters for SWFC.  It seems he has had contact with a couple of Owls fans.

If I were DC I would give a different Advisor a chance this time round.

Why would DC or anyone else for that matter take the advice of a 29 year old bloke who has spent all his sporting career in boxing, with next to no football experience, in such an important decision as a new manager?

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

People also seem to forget that we still have the two recruitment blokes who Bruce appointed as part of the team behind the scenes at the club.

I don’t think they forget,  it’s common knowledge ,  there’s just a common belief that everyone’s under Paxaios spell 

11 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Because we was after him and he was a record signing in the history of the club! Didn’t mean we needed him. 

Like Sally says above, if the clubs transfer policy is based of what supporters want then you really need to re-evaluate what your doing.

I absolutely agree we didn’t need him, but it’s equally true that he was highly sought after by our fan base despite us not needing him. I’d argue that no other player has had as many comments/threads about him. He was more wanted than ALF and Ben10 combined. For 4/5 windows he had several 100 page threads. 

Oddly most seem in hindsight to see that was an error but at the time to say that was very unpopular. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Pulis is Paxos mate. 

DC said when Pulis left that he’d (TP) flagged up signings for January that were too old and too expensive to fit the current structure and strategy.

Paixao, I’d imagine, is “mates” with many folk in the English game given his long involvement here.

I’ve never bought the line that Paixao and Pulis were particularly close and it is far easier to evidence his closeness to MM over TP.

Nixon has said that the Advisors to DC are in two camps over the SWFC manager appointment.

That would be typical of many organisations using different Advisors.

It would hardly be a surprise if Erik Alonso were backing a Paul Cook as we know he has strong support among the fans.

Another Luhukay or Pulis appointment would go down like a lead balloon.

And don't forget supporters will eventually be back at Hillsborough and able to make their feelings known.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Why would DC or anyone else for that matter take the advice of a 29 year old bloke who has spent all his sporting career in boxing, with next to no football experience, in such an important decision as a new manager?

Fair point, but Chansiri engaged his services. In fairness, he could get better advice from his dog than the current global advisor though.

• Like 1

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

DC said when Pulis left that he’d (TP) flagged up signings for January that were too old and too expensive to fit the current structure and strategy.

Paixao, I’d imagine, is “mates” with many folk in the English game given his long involvement here.

I’ve never bought the line that Paixao and Pulis were particularly close and it is far easier to evidence his closeness to MM over TP.

AP has been an agent in this country for quite some time right? I’m sure he’s got to know a lot of people in the English game. 

I also didn’t buy the belief Pulis and Paixao are best mates. If they were I’m sure Pulis would have lasted longer than he did. 

I honestly think Pulis was a good candidate at the time. However why the relationship broke down so quickly concerns me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Because...Chansiri.

Let's not forget, this is a chairman who, according to Carvalhal, counts his young son as a footballing advisor:

“I did the interview, I was chosen and, months later, I came to know that who had the last word on my hiring was… the son of the chairman, who would’d be 10 or 11 years old.

"He had seen some things on the internet, some press releases in Turkey and some games. The purest reality. The decision of a 10-year-old kid opened the door for my life’s challenge! And at that moment, I felt that I was starting my career seriously."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Fair point, but Chansiri engaged his services. In fairness, he could get better advice from his dog than the current global advisor though.

He brought him in to help with selling players wearing his agent hat, not as advisor on the playing side surely?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I absolutely agree we didn’t need him, but it’s equally true that he was highly sought after by our fan base despite us not needing him. I’d argue that no other player has had as many comments/threads about him. He was more wanted than ALF and Ben10 combined. For 4/5 windows he had several 100 page threads. 

Oddly most seem in hindsight to see that was an error but at the time to say that was very unpopular. 

Of course there was excitement. While ever ever club is spending money there will be excitement. But to put it on the fans shoulders is wrong. He did the same with the departure of Jack Hunt. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

These are players/managers etc who just one of his company’s (No Limits) here in Spain.

BF27B754-2E28-466D-8780-EC2E6D3D3EC1.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I don’t think they forget,  it’s common knowledge ,  there’s just a common belief that everyone’s under Paxaios spell 

Which In my opinion is a fair view to hold. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Alan Biggs revealed that Paxo and Pulis were mates.