Paixao brought in Pulis, Alonso wants Cook

44 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

He brought him in to help with selling players wearing his agent hat, not as advisor on the playing side surely?

Something must have changed if we have two recruitment camps?

Not much work for him selling players, we hardly ever sell any!

• Like 1

We need a decision now. I commend DC for taking time and speaking to half a dozen potential managers. However, he has had more than enough time to overcome covid, time differences, think time, second opinions, etc. He needs to pick one and let us get on with it....

40 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

No limits was incorporated in the UK in October 2020

It exists here too for much longer along with two others.

As I said in the original thread he seems a really good bloke who will do nothing but good for the club.

There is absolutely nothing dodgy about him or his involvement one bit.

Good lad is The Killer.

:duntmatter:

29 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Sumal, the scout, was in IT until 2017. No football background whatsoever. The other 2 Turkish guys listed played in the German 6th tier and Turkish 2nd tier. What could possibly go wrong with letting them advise on a new manager?

To be fair nobody has given any type of real confirmation that they are.  Just pure speculation based on some teenager style social media posts.

He could have been talking about anyone or anything.

• Like 1

I understand Chansiri wanting advisors, he's openly admitted that he doesn't know much about football.  The bit that puzzles me is that even someone without any understanding of football can see we've regressed over the past four years, having made numerous mistakes along the way.  It's believe he's been receiving advice from the same people throughout this time.  At what point is he going to think to himself, maybe the advice I'm getting isn't the best, maybe I shouldn't follow their advice anymore?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

To be fair nobody has given any type of real confirmation that they are.  Just pure speculation based on some teenager style social media posts.

He could have been talking about anyone or anything.

He’s talking about SWFC judging by a couple of comments he liked on social media. Unless that was an accidental slip of the finger..

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

If media reports are to be believed then Amadeu Paixao strongly pushed for and helped to bring in Tony Pulis as Manager of SWFC.

Erik Alonso it seems wants Paul Cook, who has strong backing among Wednesday fans.

The Pulis venture proved to be a disaster for the Chairman, the fans and the team.  One win in 10 games, one player only ever up front and quite dreadful football.

Cook though is known for a pragmatic but attacking football style where it is possible.

I suggest that DC insist that Paixao takes a back set in recruitment for the new appointment.

You mean Nixon. Its funny really he likes to give the impression he has all the knowledge of whats going on. We all know that DC cant run a bath but most of the noise re appointments directly  comes from agents who feed journalists.

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

If media reports are to be believed then Amadeu Paixao strongly pushed for and helped to bring in Tony Pulis as Manager of SWFC.

Erik Alonso it seems wants Paul Cook, who has strong backing among Wednesday fans.

The Pulis venture proved to be a disaster for the Chairman, the fans and the team.  One win in 10 games, one player only ever up front and quite dreadful football.

Cook though is known for a pragmatic but attacking football style where it is possible.

I suggest that DC insist that Paixao takes a back set in recruitment for the new appointment.

Who says Paul Cook has strong backing from the fans? What % of our fanbase wants him?

• Like 1

As I said there is nearly always a spectrum of views when it comes to appointing a new Manager.

Given that, it should be said that almost a third of Respondents to the Owlstalk Poll voted for Paul Cook.

It is also feasible that some of those who voted for other candidates may not be averse to a Paul Cook appointment.

Given that he is available, kniows the league wll an has a track record of success as a football manager it is hardly surprising.

The key point I am trying to make, having worked in a range of organisations, is that sometimes Advisors or Consultants will deliberately take a different stance to differentiate themselves and push their position.

Erik Alonso may see that if he tactically backs Paul Cook who then comes in and saves SWFC from League One suddenly his star is the brightest in the sky.

And the fan base would love DC again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Who says Paul Cook has strong backing from the fans? What % of our fanbase wants him?

There are definitely some fans who want Cook, and they certainly make a big old noise about it! 

I suppose this is what happens when there is a vacuum, people just fill it with noise. 

I have no idea if Paul Cook would be any good or not. I literally don’t know anything about him other than what it says on Wikipedia and on Owlstalk. 

I do remember us playing Wigan but am unable to say that I remember them being so good and entertaining that I coveted their manager!

How does everyone else know so much about Cook? Is everyone else sat watching reruns of Wigan matches in their spare time? Or are they just repeating things they hear other people say? I’ve had a grub around on the interweb and the Wigan fans aren’t universally praising him as a footballing genius. Just a safe pair of hands. Not hugely dissimilar to the Monk feedback before he came here. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Only because some of our fans are that thick that they think criticising the chairman's running of the club is 'attacking the club'

There are two people running the club mate, we should be allowed to criticise both of them. 

• Like 1