Paixao brought in Pulis, Alonso wants Cook

I agree that Monk would have gone far sooner with fans in the ground - after the June/July restart.

Nixon is often in the know and the two Advisor camps theory sounds highly feasible.

It is human nature and I could see that if Erik Alonso backs Paul Cook and he gets his way then it all hinges on how the team does.

If we survive relegation Paul Cook will be a hero and so too Erik Alonso.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Of course there was excitement. While ever ever club is spending money there will be excitement. But to put it on the fans shoulders is wrong. He did the same with the departure of Jack Hunt. 

I agree with that too. He may have been swayed by interest of our fan base but ultimately it’s his/recruitment team that buck stops with. 

But I’m at odds with a lot of the fan base and this site trying to rewrite history. Hindsight is fantastic but at the time and in windows before the overwhelming majority wanted that transfer done, at any cost. More people were upset that DC was playing hardball on negotiations than were that we were about to sign a seventh striker and blow huge preparation of our budget. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I honestly personally think if Covid never happened and fans were in the ground over the past year - it would have turned very toxic.

It was already toxic before 

1 minute ago, Owls Loyal said:

I agree that Monk would have gone far sooner with fans in the ground - after the June/July restart.

Nixon is often in the know and the two Advisor camps theory sounds highly feasible.

It is human nature and I could see that if Erik Alonso backs Paul Cook and he gets his way then it all hinges on how the team does.

If we survive relegation Paul Cook will be a hero and so too Erik Alonso.

I mean I want Paul Cook as manager, but you REALLY want him 

lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Because...Chansiri.

Let's not forget, this is a chairman who, according to Carvalhal, counts his young son as a footballing advisor:

“I did the interview, I was chosen and, months later, I came to know that who had the last word on my hiring was… the son of the chairman, who would’d be 10 or 11 years old.

"He had seen some things on the internet, some press releases in Turkey and some games. The purest reality. The decision of a 10-year-old kid opened the door for my life’s challenge! And at that moment, I felt that I was starting my career seriously."

But also according to Carvalhal "We put all the meats on the barbeque to win"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Could have got a lot worse.

The sentiment on online has been very very toxic. That would have transferred into the ground. 

Without a shadow of a doubt 

I've been writing  a story while I've been at home. 

Can I get some feedback

There was this toy shop once. They used to put reight good displays in the window.

But , the big retailers moved and it got a bit left behind.  Started struggling. Couldn’t get in decent stock. Couldn’t keep up. Borrowed some money to try and get some decent gear in. But it all went sour.

Shop looked like shutting at one bit.

Anyroad, there’s this bloke. He’s always liked toys and especially liked old school retailers. So he thought he might buy it. It was a lot of money though and there were massive arrears on it. 

Luckily, for him, a couple of mates of his lend him a few bob to do it.

So he comes in and saves the shop. Gradually things start to get a little bit better after some bleak days. Shop is gradually getting back on its feet. However, they can never spend more than £350,000 on stock.

Eventually he’s done all he can and decides it’s time to move on. One of the blokes who lent him the money is keen to stay involved though. He loves the toy game, but he’s not really very well-liked by the ETL, the English Toy League. He’s made lots of money out of London Toyshops in the past despite not really being anything to do with Toys.

So he’s disappointed he can’t stay involved really unless, he leaves his money in the business. But he doesn’t and can’t invest owt or have owt to do with it himsen. He needs his mate to stay around but he doesn’t want to. It’s tricky.

One day he is in bakers buying a bun and he bumps into an old mate of his.

“Aye up” he says.

“What are you doing here?” says his mate “I thought you were in Tel-Aviv?”

“Ah y’know.” says the bloke.

“I’m here for the Portuguse tart misen. Reminds me of home” says the mate.

“Ah, that’s nice” says the bloke. They get chatting. He tells him how he’d like to get back into the toy game, but how he’s not really allowed. How he’s in, but can’t stay in.

His mate says he’d like to help. But he can’t really as he’s already involved with a Toyshop in Berkshire himsen.

“Tell you what though” he says “I’ve made some mates in the Berkshire gig, why don’t I see what I can do”

And he does. He touts about a bit. But no one is really bothered about Toy shops that aren’t making any money.

Then one day one day he’s in the market and he sees a lad working on a fish stall. “Is this your stall, it’s pretty busy” he says to the lad.

“Nah” says the lad. “It’s me Dads. I’m just here while he’s gone for a brew.”

“What do you do then?” says the bloke

“Owt I want” says the lad. “Me fathas minted.”

“Oh. Oh, I see.” Says the man. Stuffing the rest of his tart into his mouth. “I’ll tell you what son, do you like toys?”

“Oh aye,” says the lad. “Love em!”

“How would you like to own yer own Toyshop?”

“God, I’d love to. I love toys. I’ve gotta tell you though. I don’t know much about Toy shops. Or retail really. Stock, marketing. I dunno…”

“Tell you what kidda,” says the man “How about, you buy it, and I’ll help you run it”

“Will you?”

“Oh yes.”

“Hang on,” says the kid “how do I know you know owt about Toys and Toyshops”

“Coz I already work for one mate! I know all about this game.”

“Great says the kid”

So the kid buys the Toyshop.

“Right,” I’ll name you as , I dunno, what do you want to be called? General manager?” says the kid.

“Ahh, thing is kid, I’m already doing that at another shop aren’t I. It wouldn’t look good, know what I mean? I tell you what. Why don’t you get someone else in to do it short term while I sort out leaving the other place”

“Oh, right. Ok then” says the kid.

The kid doesn’t know what he’s doing really, he’s admitted it himsen. So he looks about and reads up and he brings in 5 blokes to do all the stock buying for him. Tell him what’s what.

When his mate gets back he’s a bit shocked. “You don’t need all these lot” says the bloke  “Especially now I’m here”

“Oh right” says the kid. And fires them all. “shall I put you name on the door now then.”

“NO!, I mean no,” says the bloke. “No need for that. I’m reight modest and that me. No, if anyone asks just tell em I’m some sort of wise sage, an advisor , helping you out.”

“All right.” Says the kid. “To be fair to them lads I sacked though, they got us a couple of decent Toys in that I’d have not really thought about otherwise.”

“Aye, don’t you worry about Toys, son, I’ll get you all the stock you need.”

And he did. He got on the blower to his old mate. “You still got all that old stock you can’t shift?”

“Tonnes of it mate. Tonnes of it. I’m not meant to be selling owt though. You know how things are.”

“Ah that’s bad”

“Not really” says the old mate “I’ve got this young pal of mine to set up a wholesaler, so I’ll put me Toys through there. Then it’s nowt to do with me is it, eh, know what I mean, eh, know what I mean”

“Sound”

“He also does staffing n’all. This kid. Not just Toys. He wants a few bob for helping us though”

“Ok no worries. Tell him I’ll get the kid to sort out some ,erm, admin fees for suamt. Anyway, gerrus some toys then, not too many though, Ive got a few of my old uns up in the attic,I wanna shift, I thought I might try and flog them to the kid too.”

“No problems I’ll get you some Toys and some Saturday staff. Just don’t ever mention me”

“Oh don’t worry, I won’t.  I try to keep out of the news misen. You know what it’s like with ETL nebbin all along”

“Aye, I do. I really do. I’ve gorrit worse than you remember though. I’ve been in this game yonks. I’ve had the and Toy Association after me in the past and EUETA”

“Kin hell”

“I know”.

------

Anyway. I'd appreciate some feedback on me story.

Oops. Sorry. Posted this in the wrong section. Was meant to be in the dressing room.

Edited by Errol Flashman
oops
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

20 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

These are players/managers etc who just one of his company’s (No Limits) here in Spain.

BF27B754-2E28-466D-8780-EC2E6D3D3EC1.jpeg

Sumal, the scout, was in IT until 2017. No football background whatsoever. The other 2 Turkish guys listed played in the German 6th tier and Turkish 2nd tier. What could possibly go wrong with letting them advise on a new manager?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I honestly personally think if Covid never happened and fans were in the ground over the past year - it would have turned very toxic.

Only because some of our fans are that thick that they think criticising the chairman's running of the club is 'attacking the club'

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

should get that dom howson to ask chansiri what the hell is going off 3 weeks plus since pulis went , cant get a manager from europe now without meeting several conditions and will also have a right job getting into the uk with 10 day isolation plus test before entry , even if he managed to get a european man today it be lucky if he could start work before feb 1st . why is chansiri doing his best to send this club down into a black hole with very little chance of coming out of it , coming back up from league 1 has never been harder for a well supported club.

20 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Urgh getting tired of relying on ‘advisers’ with links to questionable people and influencing the chairman with no accountability. 

Can’t we just invest in a proper football structure, a CEO and DOF? Is it too much to ask to be run without all this nonsense? 

This!!

Not to mention the fact that it would be cheaper (in the long run), more sustainable, more effective and more sucessful... it would also mean we could avoid all this pantomime crap that surrounds the club... its all getting a bit tragic.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

If media reports are to be believed then Amadeu Paixao strongly pushed for and helped to bring in Tony Pulis as Manager of SWFC.

Erik Alonso it seems wants Paul Cook, who has strong backing among Wednesday fans.

The Pulis venture proved to be a disaster for the Chairman, the fans and the team.  One win in 10 games, one player only ever up front and quite dreadful football.

Cook though is known for a pragmatic but attacking football style where it is possible.

I suggest that DC insist that Paixao takes a back set in recruitment for the new appointment.

From the land where 2+2= 39.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

This!!

Not to mention the fact that it would be cheaper (in the long run), more sustainable, more effective and more sucessful... it would also mean we could avoid all this pantomime crap that surrounds the club... its all getting a bit tragic.

Bored of the circus. That’s what it is, we’re one big joke. 

• Like 2

Even if Alonso was okay and had no intentions of paxoing the last of DC and the club, I really do not understand having a football agent or agency owner as an advisor unless he had a personal investment in the club.

It's like a big business having a representative of their biggest vendor on their board. Not working in regular business because of conflict of interest, not working in football business either. The business world is full of board professionals for those things and I don't think football is any different. But that would be like hiring a DoF :duntmatter:

• Like 2

My concern here is that having 2 sets of advisors doing the same thing becomes more of a weewee-ing contest to get Chansiris ear than what's in the best interest of the club itself 

Having 2 sets of advisors aiming for the same thing but with different plans on how to do it has turned our club into an incoherent mess and frankly a joke