Paixao brought in Pulis, Alonso wants Cook

CircleSeven described Paul Cook as:

"Just a safe pair of hands. Not hugely dissimilar to the Monk feedback before he came here."

I guess the key difference was that Paul Cook has achieved promotions in the EFL with three different clubs whereas Monk has achieved none.

44 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Wasn't it believed that he was part of the deal when Chansiri bought the club ?

It was never made public.

At the time it was reported that a 'consortium' had purchased Sheffield Wednesday.

No mention of the consortium ever since.

Seems to me ...and has for a long time that DC is head of the consortium but not the sole owner..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

There's no way Paul Cook will be our new manager.

I think those so excited at the prospect need to accept that.

Maybe, maybe not. If we can't employ a foreigner due to work permit issues then where do we go? 

12 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

There are definitely some fans who want Cook, and they certainly make a big old noise about it! 

I suppose this is what happens when there is a vacuum, people just fill it with noise. 

I have no idea if Paul Cook would be any good or not. I literally don’t know anything about him other than what it says on Wikipedia and on Owlstalk. 

I do remember us playing Wigan but am unable to say that I remember them being so good and entertaining that I coveted their manager!

How does everyone else know so much about Cook? Is everyone else sat watching reruns of Wigan matches in their spare time? Or are they just repeating things they hear other people say? I’ve had a grub around on the interweb and the Wigan fans aren’t universally praising him as a footballing genius. Just a safe pair of hands. Not hugely dissimilar to the Monk feedback before he came here. 

Same here. I have no real interest in who the next manager is, mainly because that position is largely irrelevant at our club currently. Until the owner is changed then this won't change. That's why the "normal" style of Manager; Monk, Pulis, Cook(?) Etc can not succeed here.

Coming back to my point, I would just ask that anyone posting things, like this OP, also provide some factual basis for their claims. That's all.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

It was never made public.

At the time it was reported that a 'consortium' had purchased Sheffield Wednesday.

No mention of the consortium ever since.

Seems to me ...and has for a long time that DC is head of the consortium but not the sole owner..

I wasn't meaning he was part of a consortium, I seemed to remember talk of him being supplied by MM as part of the deal.

Could just be my memory playing up though lol

Alonso has 100% made contact and spoken with Cook. Not sure if it’s completely dead or if there is a chance for us to get him, time will tell. But the longer it lingers on the more desperate we’ll become. 

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I wasn't meaning he was part of a consortium, I seemed to remember talk of him being supplied by MM as part of the deal.

Could just be my memory playing up though lol

Now I'm lost..🙂

I was always under the impression MM was an associate of Pax, and he found a buyer.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Now I'm lost..🙂

I was always under the impression MM was an associate of Pax, and he found a buyer.

As I said it was just something I seemed to remember from a few years ago and could have got it wrong.

I have never met Paul Cook and probably never will.

I did meet Nigel Paerson coming out of White Hart Lane once after a fantastic Wednesday win at Spurs.

It did happen,  it is not just a dream

My post is really about the fact that where you get two camps of Advisors it will often happen that tactically  the lesser light will propose a different course of action.

Nixon has suggested this is the case at SWFC.

Erik Alonso backing Paul Cook for the job would be perfectly understandable and DC may well prefer a change of advice after the Pulis appointment.

5 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

have never met Paul Cook and probably never will.

Was kidding..

6 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Erik Alonso backing Paul Cook for the job would be perfectly understandable and DC may well prefer a change of advice after the Pulis appointment.

Could be..

You do know if he sets him on and all goes titttsup..it will be your fault.

Just kiddin 😁

Whether he will take notice of an ex racing driver though is anybodies guess..

37 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Alonso has 100% made contact and spoken with Cook. Not sure if it’s completely dead or if there is a chance for us to get him, time will tell. But the longer it lingers on the more desperate we’ll become. 

Do you know for certain that Alonso has made contact with Paul Cook?