Paixao brought in Pulis, Alonso wants Cook

2 hours ago, Bing Cosby said:

There's no way Paul Cook will be our new manager.

I think those so excited at the prospect need to accept that.

After the latest interview he gave on TV, I agree.

Not that I think it damaged his chances, I hasten to add.

That's the interview of a man who's 100% certain he'll not be offered the job.

Whomsoever we appoint - if anyone - it won't be Cook IMO.

• Like 1

I think as a fan base we just have to be cautious regarding Alonso.  He may or may not want Cook.

I know Alonso is engaging with fans which is a positive but part of that is to get fans on side and maybe improve his bargaining power / sway with Chansiri.  Seemingly well natured / positive actions can be used to serve a hidden agenda.  Let’s just keep an open mind.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marro said:

I think as a fan base we just have to be cautious regarding Alonso.  He may or may not want Cook.

I know Alonso is engaging with fans which is a positive but part of that is to get fans on side and maybe improve his bargaining power / sway with Chansiri.  Seemingly well natured / positive actions can be used to serve a hidden agenda.  Let’s just keep an open mind.

Alonso is 100% unqualified to advise anybody on footballing matters - end of. 

Chansiri needs to separate footballing advice fro agents/investors that have their own commercial interests and agendas

• Like 6

If I was Chansiri I’d sack this Alonso guy off quick sharp

Courting the fans, chatting to them of his ambition for the club, boasting he was a shareholder on his socials then deleting it etc etc 

No ta - get him gone 

Too many alarm bells ringing on this one 

• Like 8

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, BIG D said:

What media reports? Not disputing your claims but I didn’t see them. 

Pulis was Paixao man that was well reported. Nixon gets info from Paixao camp and he reported all foreign short list and said Cooke being on short list was news to him.. Frostick broke news on Alonso Nixon did not know about him. 

Nixon has recently stated two recruitment camps looking for manager other is Alonso. Therefore I reckon by process of elimination it must have been some member of Alonso camp who pushed Cook forward unless their is third recruitment group.

Think OP just put info together that is available.

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Go on then..... How do you know this??

Friends of the landlord where Cooky used to drink and is still in contact with. Says the only person he’s spoken to has been Alonso. 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Courting the fans, chatting to them of his ambition for the club, boasting he was a shareholder on his socials then deleting it etc etc 

No ta - get him gone 

You do not go buy the name of Amadeus do you when not on Owlstalk?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No ta - get him gone 

Do your alarm bells ring with stuffing face? 

Just been told Ivic will take charge of league games and Cook will take charge of cup matches.

The first one to lose will be sacked.

If drawing after 3 games, it will be settled with arm wrestle in the Railway beer garden, tickets are for sale in advance only.

£39.00, first 40,000 only...no refunds.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Just been told Ivic will take charge of league games and Cook will take charge of cup matches.

The first one to lose will be sacked.

If drawing after 3 games, it will be settled with arm wrestle in the Railway beer garden, tickets are for sale in advance only.

£39.00, first 40,000 only...no refunds.

Swap it and let Ivic have the Everton game instead. Then Cook gets the gig. No harm wrestle needed lol

Guest Hornsby
14 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Alonso is 100% unqualified to advise anybody on footballing matters - end of. 

Chansiri needs to separate footballing advice fro agents/investors that have their own commercial interests and agendas

Mate, that's assuming they are only advisors.

Erik claims to be a shareholder and you wonder if we have done a Wolves -without - cash - skills- job with a footy agent /agency.

Otherwise , why are they still around after 4 years of disasters? 

Anyone remember the days when Bert McGee would sit around the Boardroom table with other Directors all of whom had Wednesday in their blood.

They would then make a decision over a new manager.  He got some right and some wrong but I would love to see a similar group set up by DC.

I suspect Paul Cook would now be two weeks into the job.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Mate, that's assuming they are only advisors.

Erik claims to be a shareholder and you wonder if we have done a Wolves -without - cash - skills- job with a footy agent /agency.

Otherwise , why are they still around after 4 years of disasters? 

Erik claims a lot of things, like doing a bachelors degree age 15-17 ending in 2008 from an Australian college that only came into being in 2011, like having been a world champion boxer and enough other questionable stuff to raise a lot of red flags

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Erik claims a lot of things, like doing a bachelors degree age 15-17 ending in 2008 from an Australian college that only came into being in 2011, like having been a world champion boxer and enough other questionable stuff to raise a lot of red flags

Where do you get this from?  The Australian college on his LinkedIn profile has been established for over 30 years.