The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

On 17/01/2021 at 04:25, The Night-Owl said:

Nathan Holland and Tyler Roberts would be smart loan moves

I'd be surprised if Roberts goes out on loan. Leeds already have a thin squad numbers wise and he's part of their matchday 20 even coming on at the weekend.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

What do we make of Lawrence Shankland?

Our record with Scots generally atrocious but must be time for him to move a level up at 25 years old now?

A Stevie May or a McCormack?

the striker I most like the look of up there at the moment is Nisbet.

6 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Our record with Scots generally atrocious but must be time for him to move a level up at 25 years old now?

His goals record, prior to this season, is pretty impressive, but I think this season, it’s been a goal every five games. A few championship clubs have looked at him over the years, and decided against. More likely to be a Stevie May, than a Ross McCormack, in my opinion anyway

So its 18th of Jan just 2 weeks left of the window, at the start of the window we needed a couple of strikers, a left back and possible a bit more cover in central midfield. We also needed our third manager of the season.

Today 18 days into the window we have no manager, no strikers, no left back no central midfield cover but we have signed a winger who has not played since July 2020. Not exactly a busy transfer window so far good job we are not outside the bottom 3 on goal difference. lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So its 18th of Jan just 2 weeks left of the window, at the start of the window we needed a couple of strikers, a left back and possible a bit more cover in central midfield. We also needed our third manager of the season.

Today 18 days into the window we have no manager, no strikers, no left back no central midfield cover but we have signed a winger who has not played since July 2020. Not exactly a busy transfer window so far good job we are not outside the bottom 3 on goal difference. lol

A winger we could have signed at any point since June

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Less than 20 transfers in the Championship (including loans!) so far and 1 of those is us. Not a busy window is an understatement. 

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Reading and Peterborough linked with striker, Mohamed Bayo, who plays in the French second tier If those two clubs rate him, that’s good enough for me Go get him

yes please

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

His goals record, prior to this season, is pretty impressive, but I think this season, it’s been a goal every five games. A few championship clubs have looked at him over the years, and decided against. More likely to be a Stevie May, than a Ross McCormack, in my opinion anyway

Despite his good record, not a fan of Nisbet myself.

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

id say its a fair comment that this transfer window/manager will decide if we are playing in league 1/2 for next next seasons or not. once down for any club your equal to the other 23 teams in that league based on wages and as the other 23 teams will spend there 2.5million wage budget better than us it scares the life out of me where we will end up. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Which one of thems meant to be the good one?