The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

If we can get more pace in the squad then there isn’t necessarily a need for a target man. Looking at some successful clubs of late a target man hasn’t been adopted.

The pace of Green and Marriott could give us a different edge. I’m clutching at straws I know. Just don’t think a target man is an absolute must. It could make us even more one dimensional.

Depends who ends up manager as to which direction we go.

1 minute ago, El Toro said:

If we can get more pace in the squad then there isn’t necessarily a need for a target man. Looking at some successful clubs of late a target man hasn’t been adopted.

The pace of Green and Marriott could give us a different edge. I’m clutching at straws I know. Just don’t think a target man is an absolute must. It could make us even more one dimensional.

That’s true, none of our current “strikers” are up to the job though, so whether it’s a target man, or another type of forward, they have to be able to do the job

1 hour ago, El Toro said:

We have pace in the team the problem is Harris is just ******** awful at playing football.

Give me a slow skilful player over pace any time.

We lack goals creation and we lack a striker to get on the end of them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

I’d take Wickham on a free way things are going at min. Get him mega fit n be good for run in n next season. 

the words ‘Wickham’ and ‘get him fit’ don’t go together.

2 hours ago, El Toro said:

Perhaps we don’t need a target man but we need a striker or 2 signing. Someone to put the ball in the net. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Perhaps we don’t need a target man but we need a striker or 2 signing. Someone to put the ball in the net. 

Don’t disagree with you there. Just not sure the clamour for a target man is necessary. Not sure we will end up getting an established striker, may be a youngster gamble from the PL on loan. 
If you were a manager or player right now would you really want to be pet of our club? I know I wouldn’t if I had options.

Guest Mcguigan
6 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

He'd be a force in League One.

Not when he has to play on his own, there’s an annual wage cap of £2.5m.

Im all for small, well drilled squad but that’s ridiculous!

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Not when he has to play on his own, there’s an annual wage cap of £2.5m.

Im all for small, well drilled squad but that’s ridiculous!

So how does this work for relegated teams then?

If we have 10 players on £1m/year - what do we do with them? We can't force them to leave

5 minutes ago, Caicos Owl said:

If we have 10 players on £1m/year - what do we do with them? We can't force them to leave

The players already under contract are not affected, it’s the new signings that will be capped 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

I’d take Wickham on a free way things are going at min. Get him mega fit n be good for run in n next season. 

He has never scored more than 9 goals in a season and in the last 9 seasons he has managed just 76 appearance scoring 17 goals. That gives you an indication of how injury prone he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caicos Owl said:

Best get some players signed, resigned then in the next week or so then and prepare a squad in case of L1. Most players out of contract, so will be a huge task to assemble a competitive squad under a salary cap.

• Like 1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/10/19/report-injury-ruined-crystal-palace-mans-summer-exit-now-faces-three-months-out/%3famp

I’m not saying we should or shouldn’t sign him 

but it looks like he’s going to get a move this window even if it’s just to put himself in the shop window for january

As things stand championship is probably his best option for a permanent contract 

I’d imagine there’s a few at the lower end looking at him as an option and I would be suprised ( again neither for or against ) him joining us to the end of the season 

the thing is as we all know the man is just plagued with injuries which is a shame because as a mobilish target man with pace around him when if (When / if ever ) I don’t think there’s much better for free