The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Don’t get bogged down on what Kagoshima says, he’s a bit of a negative Nancy. Some folk just like to moan, complain or put others down. It’s odd that they’re considered supporters as they’re far from supportive. 

Better than being a Happy Clapper!!!  Just giving my opinion that’s all. Some of our youngsters impress me especially Dele and possibly Hagen. However, if I see Alex Hunt starting for us in August then I know where the season is going and it certainly isn’t up.

7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Better than being a Happy Clapper!!!  Just giving my opinion that’s all. Some of our youngsters impress me especially Dele and possibly Hagen. However, if I see Alex Hunt starting for us in August then I know where the season is going and it certainly isn’t up.

How do you get to see Hagen? As a fellow expat I’d love to see the kids action so I know what to expect this coming year? 

I think there’s a million miles between constantly berating our players and being a happy clapper. It’s not as binary as one or the other. I don’t blindly forgive every player because they wear blue and white. But I do try and look for the positives and support them, I mean even if a players a donkey, he’s our donkey after all.

I mean Dele, has been as good/bad as Hunt last year. But I’d not write off one or the other, both require a good run of games in a settled formation to their strengths rather than being dropped in and out for the odd game here or there. If they both play next year I’m hopeful they’ll kick on. I certainly haven’t written either off after 5/6 games. 

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
25 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Odimayo looks to have been sorted. Hagan will also be signing back up. 

A nice Hagan & Odimayonnaise sandwich to start recruitment. 

21 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Anyone expecting big Darren to hold a press conference on the first day of training on Friday and announce 6 new signings all signed in time for pre-season ........ thought not 🤦

In fairness, when we had spendagedin we rarely had players in before preseason. Not expecting it to change now we are on the bones of our harris.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

In fairness, when we had spendagedin we rarely had players in before preseason. Not expecting it to change now we are on the bones of our harris.

And they weren't fit for the first 6 games of the season, which cost us promotion under Carlos.....but as a club we are constantly learning and changing our strategy

34 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Anyone expecting big Darren to hold a press conference on the first day of training on Friday and announce 6 new signings all signed in time for pre-season ........ thought not 🤦

Possibly 6 new staff on the concourse after the others left because they didn't get paid.

Anyone seen much of Odimayo ??  Cant say he’s one I’ve seen play,  been used at centre half and right back at Swindon 

36 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Anyone seen much of Odimayo ??  Cant say he’s one I’ve seen play,  been used at centre half and right back at Swindon 

Me neither, but looks as though Doncaster were trying to sign him as well, so positive if we get it over the line.

Looking at his age though (21), guessing we'd need to pay a fee for him? That's interesting if that's the case.

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Olosunde wanted by Moore

Star article here:

Star

Do we need another right back, though ? We have Palmer, Dawodu, Farmer, Thompson and Brennan who can all play there.

Perhaps, Palmer is looking to leave.