The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

12 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Knoyle has signed for Doncaster Rovers today. Free transfer, two year deal for a reliable full back. Solid signing from one of our divisional rivals.

He's better than any right back we've currently got...

Huge mistake on our part

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

Have a feeling we will sign Ravel Morrison.

Wouldn't surprise me,  depends how desperate we get. Although I'm not a fan. 

Been around a bit, lots of clubs, some good names but  only played just over 150 games in his entire career. Just a player dining out on his long gone promise and past employers IMO.

44 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

I'm hoping we'll be in for Joe Pigott from Wimbledon, as I know we've been linked with him in the last few transfer windows.....i'll wait for the 'how we gonna pay for him then comments!

:ghoulguy:

More chance of us signing Lester Pigott. 

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

More chance of us signing Lester Pigott. 

Signing Lester Pigott would be an achievement, right now I don’t think Chansiri could buy a packet of Red Leicester cheese reduced in price as the best before date is today.  Sadly it seems Wednesday was best before May 1993.  

• Like 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl
18 hours ago, malek said:

That is absolutely not true, Hunt is really good at certain things and he is far above non league level if asked to do what he is really good at. 

He would be what I would call a role player, but he can certainly be replaced with better player and on our budget. 

No pace, can’t tackle and lightweight beyond belief. Never really see him threaten the goal and doesn’t dribble or control games in any way. Sounds like non-league level to me.

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No pace, can’t tackle and lightweight beyond belief. Never really see him threaten the goal and doesn’t dribble or control games in any way. Sounds like non-league level to me.

So is Bannan, but he is not playing at non league level is he?! 

Hunt's passing skill, technique and awarenes on the ball are far, far above non league level. 

Still I would have let him go this Summer as there are better players available. 

• Like 1

Well as each week goes by players on the move getting snapped up so we getting left behind for a change? Now don’t get me wrong none of the players who have moved already may not have been on our wish list but the constant feeling of stuck in limbo just doesn’t feel like going away! Accounts still not published players allegedly still not getting paid doesn’t fill you with confidence does it? Let’s hope fingers x it’s all in hand but I for one won’t hold my breath . 

20 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Well as each week goes by players on the move getting snapped up so we getting left behind for a change? Now don’t get me wrong none of the players who have moved already may not have been on our wish list but the constant feeling of stuck in limbo just doesn’t feel like going away! Accounts still not published players allegedly still not getting paid doesn’t fill you with confidence does it? Let’s hope fingers x it’s all in hand but I for one won’t hold my breath . 

I think transfer threads might be totally pointless this season. If we can't pay wages for our existing players we aren't going to be bringing anyone else in. We are more likely to sell anyone with any value to raise money or just to get them off the wage bill.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, prowl said:

I think transfer threads might be totally pointless this season. If we can't pay wages for our existing players we aren't going to be bringing anyone else in. We are more likely to sell anyone with any value to raise money or just to get them off the wage bill.

You thought the high earners such as Rhodes, Westwood, Lees, who have got a good chunk of money over the years might do something to leave early and give the club a chance instead of hanging around for a few extra pay days 

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You thought the high earners such as Rhodes, Westwood, Lees, who have got a good chunk of money over the years might do something to leave early and give the club a chance instead of hanging around for a few extra pay days 

As far as they are concerned it would be like donating money to a billionaire.

We look on it as helping the club out, they look at it as helping a very rich man out.

Edited by prowl
  • Like 1

While the outstanding wages issue will need settling and assurances given going forwards, I still have faith we’ll bring some in 

we simply have to 

13 hours ago, Royal_D said:

While the outstanding wages issue will need settling and assurances given going forwards, I still have faith we’ll bring some in 

we simply have to 

Depends who though. Fairly easy to bring in bargain bin shirt fillers, but that's not what is needed. 

We've so much to do, players report back on Friday and we're still 6-10 players short.