The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

16 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

type of player we should be targeting..  21 Centre half  30 league appearances last year.

You mean like the 20 year old centre back we have allowed to leave for not offering him an adult contract.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Time is ticking.

Not being funny but with the rebuild job we have on. It’s not unreasonable to have expected a few new faces in by now.

this 'rebuild' is going to take more than a coupe of years, perhaps even a couple of couples.

5 minutes ago, malek said:

I know it is unreasonable, but I'm secretly hoping that we already got couple of new players signed and waiting for their contracts to run out before announcing it.

I think there more chance Chansiri has started to value the fans and season ticket and POTG prices won't be the most expensive in league one.

We make the same mistakes every season.

other teams have their squad together by pre-season we are lucky to have players in by the last day of the transfer window. Which then we get unfit players that pick up injuries and cost 3x more than they should.

I hope each year we learn out lesson, to prepare for the new season, each summer we make the same mistakes over and over again.

• Like 1

Just now, Doctor Duran said:

Has he gone yet ?

The thing is DC is so short sighted he thinks the £200k he will get us good businesses. 

But a few full season of a young central defender who can play regularly, he can be a threat in both boxes and play in several positions could be worth millions in a few season, 10 times what the compo figure is.

But you have to invest in youth to make it better.

It is what Moore had done at Donny but will be be allowed to at Hillsborough.

16 minutes ago, malek said:

I know it is unreasonable, but I'm secretly hoping that we already got couple of new players signed and waiting for their contracts to run out before announcing it.

I know when we signed abdi, they didn't announce it until 6 weeks later

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The thing is DC is so short sighted he thinks the £200k he will get us good businesses. 

But a few full season of a young central defender who can play regularly, he can be a threat in both boxes and play in several positions could be worth millions in a few season, 10 times what the compo figure is.

I don't think DC will think 200k is good business..  he hasn't accepted far greater offers for the likes of Reach / FF etc.

I hope we can keep him and let Moore work with him.

Just now, Doctor Duran said:

I don't think DC will think 200k is good business..  he hasn't accepted far greater offers for the likes of Reach / FF etc.

I hope we can keep him and let Moore work with him.

But he has never valued youth that the problem. He is wasting £1.4m a season in Bannan new contract when the club cannot afford £3k a week for Liam Shaw.

We got offered £12m for Fessi he wanted more, we were offered £10m for Reach he wanted more, We had offers for Westwood, Lees, Rhodes etc etc. But always he wanted more and ultimately they all left for nothing after costing us millions in wages over the years.

He cannot run a football club, he still does not have a clue and unfortunately our club is only going one way while he stays in charge of the running of the club.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Can’t see any players signing until wages issue sorted in full, then can’t see any players signing until July when we have finished paying the players who have left ? Every single season we seem to behind every other team in getting our business done , let alone with the state of affairs at our club as things stand! Let’s hope moore will be able to convince a few to take a chance on us think only way we gona be able to attract players? Still not confident that any of above will happen 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Do us a favour and let him know that I think naming a stand after him is one of the most tinpot things I've ever heard... and I spent the first 15 years of my life watching Histon? :ph34r:

Blimey that's niche! I once saw Bradford Park win at Histon probably about 10 years ago now, think it was 5-0. Nice ground, nice part of the world.

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Bannan simply has to leave. We cannot have a pmayer on a reported 27k a week on our books when we can't pay the wages. it's lunacy. 

Sadly, you are right.

Question is then, why new contract on those wages.

No one will beat them.

11 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Blimey that's niche! I once saw Bradford Park win at Histon probably about 10 years ago now, think it was 5-0. Nice ground, nice part of the world.

I would have been at that game, I think I have grim memories of it. Was great to see Histon on the way up... absolutely heart-wrenching seeing them on the way down.

It's alright though, 'cause in c. 2014 I started going to uni in Sheffield and chose Wednesday (or did Wednesday choose me?) to support. Only been good times since lol

:sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

*Bradford Park Avenue - can't even type my own second team's sodding name :ghoulguy:

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think that that game was the one and only game I have ever left early and walked out at half time, leaving my dad to watch the utter sheeeite on his todd...

Wasn't something like 3-0 at half time was it? I know I've only walked out of one game early before, and I know it would have been around the time BPA would have beat us 5-0...

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Bannan simply has to leave. We cannot have a pmayer on a reported 27k a week on our books when we can't pay the wages. it's lunacy. 

Bannan's ne deal isn't that much, reports suggest around £20k. But I agree, even that is unsustainable.

Depends what Chansiri can afford, is he really potless or just being a nob when it comes to recent wage issues. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

i hope the people in charge are smart enough to see it.

Guest Hornsby
53 minutes ago, striker said:

Bannan's ne deal isn't that much, reports suggest around £20k. But I agree, even that is unsustainable.

Depends what Chansiri can afford, is he really potless or just being a nob when it comes to recent wage issues. 

According to salarysports.com it is.

Which means £30,000 gross (cost to club). Basic. Total earnings £5 million , mainly from us.

Or £1.5 million annually , against £6 million average total yearly player budget in Div 3.

So, with Chansiri's rent that is £4.5 million spent , plus say £1 million gross for Josh.

Let's hope Solihull pub league better than imagined.