The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Guest Hornsby
9 minutes ago, prowl said:

£10M not a penny less.....................said Mr C.

Funny, also widely reported today Fulham with their parachutes in too for Josh.

If club comms team trying to stoke a bidding war, seem to be doing a good job for a change.

Let's hope someone' s told the boss. And his Dad.

30 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

According to salarysports.com it is.

Which means £30,000 gross (cost to club). Basic. Total earnings £5 million , mainly from us.

Or £1.5 million annually , against £6 million average total yearly player budget in Div 3.

So, with Chansiri's rent that is £4.5 million spent , plus say £1 million gross for Josh.

Let's hope Solihull pub league better than imagined.

I suspect that's his old contract. I highly doubt that's the new contract.

Still astronomical though, I agree. Let's hope our revenue /salary limit calculations allow for him (and the others on good money). Or, we could instead show Bannan as a player coach and exclude part of his wage from the player salary limit calculations.

Guest Hornsby
7 minutes ago, striker said:

I suspect that's his old contract. I highly doubt that's the new contract.

Still astronomical though, I agree. Let's hope our revenue /salary limit calculations allow for him (and the others on good money). Or, we could instead show Bannan as a player coach and exclude part of his wage from the player salary limit calculations.

Usually good at amending after contracts signed.

Commissions all round, one suspects.

13 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Funny, also widely reported today Fulham with their parachutes in too for Josh.

If club comms team trying to stoke a bidding war, seem to be doing a good job for a change.

Let's hope someone' s told the boss. And his Dad.

He is a solid championship player who will be available at reasonable price on not budget busting wages..  Will get 10 plus goals a season and a good age.  We should capitalize on this and make at least 500k profit in him with him having 1 year left.

As for Bannan if DM thinks we can adjust / be better without.him then sell him.. again the likes of fulham/Bournemouth will be interested.. my only issue is he is the DCs fav and lives/settled local.  But we need to move on.

I seriously think Hunt could blossom without the shackles of Barry around his neck.

16 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Usually good at amending after contracts signed.

Commissions all round, one suspects.

Agree to disagree on numbers, in truth nobody knows but a few people. 

Your probably spot on with commissions though and whatever his wage is, it's unsustainable for L1. 

Unless we're having a proper go at promotion, could do more long term harm than good. Bannan is worth his wage if (big if) we get promoted, but he can't do it on his own. Bannan plus the 8-10 other signings needed for the start of pre season, ok. Bannan plus 4 or 5 bargain bin panic signings in August is a waste of time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jim said:

I still think 4 or 5 of the in contract players will be offloaded before the end of this window and I think these will include, Bannan, Windass and Paterson.

Problem is if they are on big contracts and with us probably commanding a fee for them all aswell. That does put of a lot of potential buyers.

On 10/05/2021 at 23:54, frastheowl said:

I'd also look to the right back Kyle Knoyle at Cambridge. Just achieved promotion to League One, playing as an attacking full back in a 4-3-1-2 formation. Played every single game, and would be a HUGE upgrade to Palmer (let's face it...who isn't!). 24 year old, ex-West Ham academy graduate, who appears to be out of contract in the summer.

Knoyle has signed for Doncaster Rovers today. Free transfer, two year deal for a reliable full back. Solid signing from one of our divisional rivals.

He's better than any right back we've currently got...

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Doctor Duran said:

He is a solid championship player who will be available at reasonable price on not budget busting wages..  Will get 10 plus goals a season and a good age.  We should capitalize on this and make at least 500k profit in him with him having 1 year left.

As for Bannan if DM thinks we can adjust / be better without.him then sell him.. again the likes of fulham/Bournemouth will be interested.. my only issue is he is the DCs fav and lives/settled local.  But we need to move on.

I seriously think Hunt could blossom without the shackles of Barry around his neck.

Hunt is beyond poo. My son is stronger and he’s nine!

3 hours ago, striker said:

Bannan's ne deal isn't that much, reports suggest around £20k. But I agree, even that is unsustainable.

Depends what Chansiri can afford, is he really potless or just being a nob when it comes to recent wage issues. 

The thing is, Bannan is a player that will make a difference, potentially THE player to win back promotion - or give us a better chance than without him (I know this is arguable... but its very much the logic of the club).

Bannan also fits perfectly with a passing style DM will want to embed in the club, he's a mentor for younger players, undoubtedly a fan favourite including the kids, meaning he's also good for crowd atmosphere (We've got Bannan), shirt sales (BANNAN on the back), a favourite with the media... and someone who has probably indicated he WANTS to stay.  He's the face of Sheffield Wednesday, basically (alongside DM it seems) - which I think counts for a lot with Chansiri and the football club.

He's also someone who we could still sell at a later date if we chose to (for example in January) and also getting more cash for him than what we would get now, given the mess we are in, and the liklihood he would be a 'class above' in League 1.

So - on that basis, the club has a choice. Keep him and reject any advances and pay the his wages.

Or sell/release him and save on his wages. However - and here's the big bit for me - in saving on his wages we could probably bring in 2-3 decent level pros on decent wages (circa 8k/week)... but would they be decent enough to give us a better chance of promotion AND contribute to the commercial 'face' of the club?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
58 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Similar stature to Phil Foden.. not comparing him to Foden ability except in stature.

So if he's good enough he could fllourish

Now I’ve heard it all. Hunt is non league level.

1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

The thing is, Bannan is a player that will make a difference, potentially THE player to win back promotion - or give us a better chance than without him (I know this is arguable... but its very much the logic of the club).

Bannan also fits perfectly with a passing style DM will want to embed in the club, he's a mentor for younger players, undoubtedly a fan favourite including the kids, meaning he's also good for crowd atmosphere (We've got Bannan), shirt sales (BANNAN on the back), a favourite with the media... and someone who has probably indicated he WANTS to stay.  He's the face of Sheffield Wednesday, basically (alongside DM it seems) - which I think counts for a lot with Chansiri and the football club.

He's also someone who we could still sell at a later date if we chose to (for example in January) and also getting more cash for him than what we would get now, given the mess we are in, and the liklihood he would be a 'class above' in League 1.

So - on that basis, the club has a choice. Keep him and reject any advances and pay the his wages.

Or sell/release him and save on his wages. However - and here's the big bit for me - in saving on his wages we could probably bring in 2-3 decent level pros on decent wages (circa 8k/week)... but would they be decent enough to give us a better chance of promotion AND contribute to the commercial 'face' of the club?

Yes, strengthening 3 positions with quality players is always better than having 1 very good player.  1 player can be marked out of games, get injured, go off the boil. We saw last year that Bannan can't carry a load of garbage players on his own.

26 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Now I’ve heard it all. Hunt is non league level.

That is absolutely not true, Hunt is really good at certain things and he is far above non league level if asked to do what he is really good at. 

He would be what I would call a role player, but he can certainly be replaced with better player and on our budget. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think that that game was the one and only game I have ever left early and walked out at half time, leaving my dad to watch the utter sheeeite on his todd...

Wasn't something like 3-0 at half time was it? I know I've only walked out of one game early before, and I know it would have been around the time BPA would have beat us 5-0...

I've attempted to track down some record of the game to no avail - however, that does sound familiar, I do remember us absolutely hammering you.

So erm yes, sorry about that - at least Wednesday came along to inflict some more misery lol

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
11 hours ago, striker said:

Agree to disagree on numbers, in truth nobody knows but a few people. 

Your probably spot on with commissions though and whatever his wage is, it's unsustainable for L1. 

Unless we're having a proper go at promotion, could do more long term harm than good. Bannan is worth his wage if (big if) we get promoted, but he can't do it on his own. Bannan plus the 8-10 other signings needed for the start of pre season, ok. Bannan plus 4 or 5 bargain bin panic signings in August is a waste of time.

A site like that can only succeed surely by accuracy.

Baz must surely go and Windass too, his Dad touting him around says Owls want £2 million. Four Championship clubs interested.