The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Two quality young players like him and Green would provided excellent foundation to build for next season and beyond while keeping most of our funds to sign striker and left back. 

Fulham offered him a deal. So if he’s only 20 It must be compensation putting teams off.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I see Callum Slattery has joined Gillingham for the rest of the season

Didn't know that. By far the best player I've seen in PL2. 

Very much surprised that he didn't go to Championship club. His ex Southampton U-23 captain also on loan there could have played a part in his decision. 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Fulham offered him a deal. So if he’s only 20 It must be compensation putting teams off.

If I remember it right it was 4 years deal, so it could be bit pricey. Especially for League One clubs that were certain to offer him starting spot he is after. 

5 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Has pickering gone to Blackburn yet if not we should try and nip in and use our funds there 

Fills a gap in squad at LB should be available for a decent price and young enough to have a resale value

More likely to go for free agent Jazz Richards, unfortunately

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
45 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

No. You said we wouldn’t. We have, and still 2 weeks to go.

If anything it kind of confirms my point.

Pleased with the Green signing, unlike the Marriott signing. Hopefully both players display the quality they've shown at times in the past and hopefully Green can have a similar impact for us has Murphy did. Would still like us to sign someone like Tyler Roberts on loan or to sign a lower league gem like Joe Pigott. Our attack still looks unbalanced and poor. 

• Like 1

Another striker and left back should be a priority this window.  Galvin looks like he might have a chance as a back up for rest of this season.  

Wonder if the Hutch move is still on too or we/he is waiting to see who the new manager is. 

Another striker and a left back both to go straight into the first 11 will see us have enough to stay in the division. I'd like to think along with the new signings and if we can get the majority of the injured players back then we can get the wins needed, ideally aswell we could do with appointing the new manager asap so that he can have a full 2 weeks with them before the next league game.

Swansea City are lining up a move to sign Aston Villa midfielder Conor Hourihane, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

This site revealed on Thursday that the Premier League club are weighing up whether to offload the goalscoring midfielder, 29, this month.

A Swansea source has told Football Insider the club are working on a loan deal for Hourihane running until the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Swansea City are lining up a move to sign Aston Villa midfielder Conor Hourihane, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

This site revealed on Thursday that the Premier League club are weighing up whether to offload the goalscoring midfielder, 29, this month.

A Swansea source has told Football Insider the club are working on a loan deal for Hourihane running until the end of the season.

Top player at this level.if only we could afford him 

• Like 1

If it were in DCs first couple of seasons when things were going well then I could imagine the likes of Hourihane joining us on loan. As it is now he will have FAR better options available to him in the Championship. Just the reality of where we are right now. Plus we’ve had Izzy Brown who is an advanced midfielder and we haven’t played him so does our team structure call for a player like that right now?

• Like 2