Andy Giddins interview with DC

Given the complexity of the conversation and English is probably not even his second language I totally understood where he was coming from. He sounds like he’s not only annoyed but emotionally thoroughly screwed off with the EFL. And he’s right about the current situation and Covid. All clubs are staggering through fog and making up the route as they go.  

• Like 3

First time I’ve heard him speak and I have to say I’m more alarmed now than reading the quotes from this morning -

he really has lost the plot.

Really took offence to Andy saying the issues started to happen long before Covid and then backtracked slightly when he knew who he was.

From the meeting he had with the fans back in the day I don’t remember the consensus from that being that we would back the chairman financially which is what he’s alluded to. Yes we were all aware of him saying we were in a bad situation regarding FFP but to me that’s through bad management of finances and nothing else. There’s 23 other clubs in the league that have pretty much managed not to fall foul of FFP in that time or circumvent the rules with creative accountancy.

Cant stand the man after today. I was against him as a football businessman before today but after what’s happened today I don’t like him as a person either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've said before on here that I find it very hard to dislike the bloke as I do think he generally cares about the club but listening to him you can tell straight away he is out of his depth. I can honestly see us going in a similar way to Bolton and free falling through the leagues. It'll be a miracle if we stay up this season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listened fora few minutes - massive language barrier problem and he is also no idea about running a club - he needs a chief executive desperately- what happened to that bloke who left quickly for Leeds job who was going to be running us ? Not saying him but he needs someone because whoever does it at the moment hasn’t got a clue 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

Listened fora few minutes - massive language barrier problem and he is also no idea about running a club - he needs a chief executive desperately- what happened to that bloke who left quickly for Leeds job who was going to be running us ? Not saying him but he needs someone because whoever does it at the moment hasn’t got a clue 

We've been saying this for ages, but the problem is that DC is a bit of a micro-manager, so gets in the way of people trying do their job. Nobody who's any good would put up with that, because real talent need a bit of autonomy. 

Regarding DC's comments on Pulis, it seems to me Pulis may have underestimated the extent DC was going to be involved in the day to day operations.

When hiring for an executive position, you must trust that person to get on the with job with minimal oversight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

First time I've heard his voice just reminded me of Joe Pesci 

am_in_funny.gif 

14 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I've said before on here that I find it very hard to dislike the bloke as I do think he generally cares about the club but listening to him you can tell straight away he is out of his depth. I can honestly see us going in a similar way to Bolton and free falling through the leagues. It'll be a miracle if we stay up this season

Yeah I agree. It's hard to dislike him when you see him ect. sometimes, but it doesn't take away the other stuff. 

11 hours ago, fatzooma said:

He sound like I imagine Kim Jong sounds

tenor.gifbrilliant_animated_gifs_featuring_kim_jo06-brilliant_animated_gifs_featuring_kim 

I always wanna read chansiri stuff in his Asian accent, it reminds me of this character from this channel haha.

If anyone is left in any doubt as to the man's ability to effectively run a (our) football club, then just listen to this clip.

Somebody above said the word 'dangerous'. Damn right. This man is a real and present danger to the long term continuity of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club as an entity. 

We need action now - and I welcomed the new Owls Trust statement yesterday as an open invitation to assist. But, if this falls on deaf ears (as I suspect it might), then we need to come together as a fanbase to find a solution that sees Chansiri leave our club. As I sit here typing this I don't know in what form this action might take, but I believe we should all be ready, willing and able to collectively fight for the continued existence of the club we love.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Can’t see him doing anything different from what he has been doing? Anyone who stands up to him or voices an opinion that he doesn’t like soon bites the dust? I know the kid who was going to run the famous d taxis and one of my other mates put a message on Twitter other day ( still there) about how chansiri wouldn’t let anything be signed off without him knowing ? Down to last £50 ? And said without him being in the country most of the time things don’t get done when they should?  That would explain why other things like accounts are late? Reportedly missing out on transfers? Just smacks of mis management? Desperate for a ceo but dc repeatedly says we don’t need one? So back on the hamster wheel we go

• Like 1

Just now, Mick70 said:

Can’t see him doing anything different from what he has been doing? Anyone who stands up to him or voices an opinion that he doesn’t like soon bites the dust? I know the kid who was going to run the famous d taxis and one of my other mates put a message on Twitter other day ( still there) about how chansiri wouldn’t let anything be signed off without him knowing ? Down to last £50 ? And said without him being in the country most of the time things don’t get done when they should?  That would explain why other things like accounts are late? Reportedly missing out on transfers? Just smacks of mis management? Desperate for a ceo but dc repeatedly says we don’t need one? So back on the hamster wheel we go

Oh and the only thing he done right last 3/4 yr is get rid of a manager who didn’t want to be here 

On 31/12/2020 at 12:26, morley said:

I can't see this posted elsewhere so apologies if it has been.

Football Heaven - 'Negativity makes it more difficult' - BBC Sounds

DC sounds like a deranged lunatic, even has to ask Giddins who he is at one stage.

Worried for the health of the man, he's obviously struggling to cope

To be fair Giddings was not on a camera link and DC asked who he was speaking to.

When the reply came that it was Andy Giddings from BBC Radio Sheffield, DC repleid, 'ah Andy' in a resigned voice as if to say, 'oh not not him' much the same as I do when I have to listen to a commentary of our game and he is the one commentating! 

17 hours ago, Freshfish said:

Given the complexity of the conversation and English is probably not even his second language I totally understood where he was coming from. He sounds like he’s not only annoyed but emotionally thoroughly screwed off with the EFL. And he’s right about the current situation and Covid. All clubs are staggering through fog and making up the route as they go.  

So best blame the fans then.

He's not getting away with that. Rightly so.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair Giddings was not on a camera link and DC asked who he was speaking to.

When the reply came that it was Andy Giddings from BBC Radio Sheffield, DC repleid, 'ah Andy' in a resigned voice as if to say, 'oh not not him' much the same as I do when I have to listen to a commentary of our game and he is the one commentating! 

He asked after more than two minutes of going on about having no cash, and sometimes payments are on time and sometimes they're late, do you think that it's normal behaviour for the chairman of any business to rant on like that without even knowing who he's speaking to?

The lack of professionalism astounds me, but maybe I should be used to it by now with everything else that's going on around him.