Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

1 hour ago, Quist said:

DC has obviously had cash flow problems due to Covid. This is not unlike many other businesses.

With regard Wednesday decision making has been consistently very poor. His advisory team (Paixao) has been found wanting. He needs to rely on someone and he chose badly. 

The new bunch offer restructuring advice (which is badly required) and in return for efforts may get % of club. I am not sure if agents are allowed to own clubs but their are rules on separation of duties.

Agents are generally a rum bunch and all are tainted with some sort of issue. Clearly some are better than others and some clubs have benefited from close relations due to access to players. 

If Paixao has taken a backward step and we have different voice in DC's lug this can be no bad thing from football point of view. The horrendous decisions made have cost DC millions and most would have been preventable. 

The TP fiasco has clearly brought things to a head and hopefully at least one penny has finally dropped with DC regarding running of football club.

I do not think advice given to DC could have been much worse than it has been so lets hope new guy offers real improvement going forward.

Has anybody git background on Alonso yet outside of WB sports?

Geoff Sheard mk2

21 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

The CEO of WBD Capital Management is listed here as Ricardo Garcia Breto, who, according to his Facebook profile, is the manager of a phone shop and a sex shop in Spain. 

Still, I’m sure this is all completely above board

When you click on that link it comes up first as an American company then changes to the Spanish one 

D0CB9289-926A-49D9-B39D-537F89FA68A0.png

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

When you click on that link it comes up first as an American company then changes to the Spanish one 

D0CB9289-926A-49D9-B39D-537F89FA68A0.png

He lives with the Simpsons. 

lol

I'm Pretty sure that's marge and homers address. 

I'm not worried at all now. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

To anyone just joining this thread now: you’ve not missed much, just a perfectly normal football club doing perfectly normal football club things

I was about to say, when I left this thread at lunchtime we were excited about WBD,  now he lives with the Simpson’s and has mates who own sex shops?  I’m confused!

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

Which funnily enough looks just like the office of OneFootball in Berlin. How bizarre lol

https://officesnapshots.com/2015/03/26/onefootball-berlin-headquarters/

That's even better news

Means they're sat right in the middle of European Football contacts

Honestly folks - this is like Wednesday winning the lottery this move

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's even better news

Means they're sat right in the middle of European Football contacts

Honestly folks - this is like Wednesday winning the lottery this move

Exactly. And if you look not too closely, you can see a Dortmund shirt. I might be jumping the gun here, but could that mean Haaland is on his way here?