Dunkley on his thoughts on the Sheffield Wednesday squad

dunkley_hillsborough1.jpg

Chey Dunkley - "On paper, when you look at the squad, I don’t think I was wrong in thinking this team could be pushing for a playoff spot.."

“There are good players in this dressing room and I wasn’t out of line to say at the start of the season that we could try to push up the league and get the playoffs.

“What’s gone wrong? We haven’t won enough games. That’s not rocket science and we need to be held accountable for that and responsible for that. We’re the players out there.”

Sheffield Star Article - https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-new-boy-chey-dunkley-opens-january-transfers-and-promotion-shout-3077289

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chey Dunkley - "On paper, when you look at the squad, I don’t think I was wrong in thinking this team could be pushing for a playoff spot.."

“There are good players in this dressing room and I wasn’t out of line to say at the start of the season that we could try to push up the league and get the playoffs.

“What’s gone wrong? We haven’t won enough games. That’s not rocket science and we need to be held accountable for that and responsible for that. We’re the players out there.”

Sheffield Star Article - https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-new-boy-chey-dunkley-opens-january-transfers-and-promotion-shout-3077289

He looked good himself on paper for the first quarter of the season! 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

"“What’s gone wrong? We haven’t won enough games"

Reyt, thanks lol

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 83owl said:

You have to have something wrong either medically or mentally to sign for us. It appears Dunkley has both.

Tom Lees looked really impressed with Dunkley's pep talk after scoring his goal at the weekend. I wonder if Dunkley knows Lees was Captain last season...

:tango: