Pulis Has Not Resigned

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It proper annoys me that people in a thread they think is false news has clicked into a thread they don't believe, read it all, seen there's no false news in it at all, don't believe it anyway,  and then ask ME why I post false news when I didn't start the thread

lol

DA FOOOOOOOK AAAAARRDAR HEEEEER

It’s always your fault Neil. Everything. It’s always your fault. You big false newser!!

lollol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

To be quite honest, no.

All adverts for instance are contextual, if you believe that or not - they are, and they are because of your searching history.    If you have a gmail, hotmail or any other email account that is from one of the big guys, they are going to scan the contents of your email - know that and if you have an issue with it, use a personal domain.

If you use a personal domain, use a reputable one.

Cookies - the warnings you get - amount to about nothing on how you are tracked, there are far more impressive means to track someone online, but when you are tracked, you are tracked not as an individual but as a means of making someone money.

It's not personal.

Not that you knew, but this is actually a large part of what I do for a living - and have done for about 25 years mainly for "blue chips".

You are correct of course. The large internet companies scan emails for a whole variety of reasons, mainly for security (national and otherwise) and anti-spam, but that information can and is, often used to their advantage.  It's not personal; it's business and if you are not paying for the product, you are the product and you will be sold to the highest bidder.

But there are very simple ways to avoid this and I beleive people should learn how to do it. At the end of the day why should our data be sold and we not profit from that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I would do but every time I get ready to make myself a dissarano and coke I have to clear up some nutty theories about fake news

lol

dont worry they will be replaced by more tomorrow, could send you mad if youre not careful, now go and pour that drink.

• Love 2