Pulis Speaking About Hutch

3 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Hey you laddie....

I reckon I'm the second nearest born to the ground behind @quinnssweetshop ...

No one's going to beat him unless they were born inside the ground ...

local people tut ........

Sid.png.e1db4b6868d00d06a2a56ce467ff72a1.png

lol  Lived, ate, drank and breathed the club.  I can name a couple of other people who would beat me to it if they are on here. Especially Sean , Son of Eric ( Time for a haircut Sir )

Ha Ha, the days of being chased by Ron the caretaker because we played football against the Lepps turnstyles. Good times.

Or the unfortunate graffiti i put under the dons bridge.....   trying to emulate my Brothers graffiti of   " dicky was here "     I put    " little dicky Was here "

You live and learn... you live and learn lol

But bloody good times. And a good way to start the day because it's my Brother's memorial today for his church. ❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I think if you add all of TPs comments together and just read between the lines a little it’s clear he’s pointing out the terrible state Monk has left the changing room in.

Lack of spice

Lack of character

Lack of discipline

Holes in the squad

Players playing in the wrong position 

Lack of a winning mentality

etc

Hard to disagree. Monk was a truly terrible manager

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I think if you add all of TPs comments together and just read between the lines a little it’s clear he’s pointing out the terrible state Monk has left the changing room in.

Lack of spice

Lack of character

Lack of discipline

Holes in the squad

etc

Monk was milk and water, and he fashioned a team in his image.

5 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

lol  Lived, ate, drank and breathed the club.  I can name a couple of other people who would beat me to it if they are on here. Especially Sean , Son of Eric ( Time for a haircut Sir )

Ha Ha, the days of being chased by Ron the caretaker because we played football against the Lepps turnstyles. Good times.

Or the unfortunate graffiti i put under the dons bridge.....   trying to emulate my Brothers graffiti of   " dicky was here "     I put    " little dicky Was here "

You live and learn... you live and learn lol

But bloody good times. And a good way to start the day because it's my Brother's memorial today for his church. ❤️

We were only talking about Eric the other week.

When he retired he went abroad, but we couldn't remember where it was.

I thought that it was Greece, but I couldn't be sure.

I reckon it was in 1994, or around that time.

• Like 1

I get the opinion that both Lukuhay and Monk were looking longer term but the records will show that their time as manager at Hillsborough, statistically at least were amongst the worst we’ve ever had?

That for me goes further than just dropping the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson. There was an obvious deficiency in how they went about their work and how they managed players and set them up to play.

Seeing Bruce come in after Lukuhay showed up the contrast in how to manage and you’ll see the obvious difference between Monk and Pulis as this season goes on.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Lack of spice

Lack of character

Lack of discipline

Holes in the squad

etc

Pulis did this at Boro when he took over as well. He is a clever man, his ‘ looking after the chairman’ drivel as well is classic TP.   It nicely diverts attention from the fact he has a 0 percent win rate so far with the same set of players monk had a near 30 percent win rate with this season. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

I get the opinion that both Lukuhay and Monk were looking longer term but the records will show that their time as manager at Hillsborough, statistically at least were amongst the worst we’ve ever had?

That for me goes further than just dropping the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson. There was an obvious deficiency in how they went about their work and how they managed players and set them up to play.

Seeing Bruce come in after Lukuhay showed up the contrast in how to manage and you’ll see the obvious difference between Monk and Pulis as this season goes on.

Let’s hope so as we have gone from winning games , taking shots , retaining possession and keeping clean sheets to none of those things. 

Guest Grandad
20 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

With no disrespect intended. Steve Bruce and Tony Pulis two very well respected and successful managers in football believed Hutchinson AND WESTWOOD was a valuable asset to Sheffield Wednesday.

I’ll take their opinion over yours. 

Fixed that

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

We were only talking about Eric the other week.

When he retired he went abroad, but we couldn't remember where it was.

I thought that it was Greece, but I couldn't be sure.

I reckon it was in 1994, or around that time.

I'll ask Sean. I know sadly, and respectfully with the family in mind, that his lovely Daughter Tracey, sadly passed away some years ago.

Just a wonderful family, and Eric took no prisoners in that chair lol

8 hours ago, james o connor said:

One thing is a given , Wednesday fans will continue  to look backwards. 
like Westwood , he’s past it . We all wish we had better players, but let’s not pine for ones that wouldn’t improve the team just because They were popular . I’ve heard people say we should have Westwood , Hutchinson and Keira  lee back. All three are a huge backwards step 

If they look backwards it's only because these players haven't been replaced.

No idea why some people are so hurt by the idea of Westwood being given the chance to regain some form. He's a contracted player. I don't know what else to say beyond that.

Just now, cowl said:

If they look backwards it's only because these players haven't been replaced.

No idea why some people are so hurt by the idea of Westwood being given the chance to regain some form. He's a contracted player. I don't know what else to say beyond that.

Because he’s crap . If he was good I’d be all for it , But he isn’t . He’s 36, can’t kick , doesn’t command his box, is very injury prone, makes gaffs in every match he plays , the list goes on. Wildsmith is a better goalkeeper now , obviously he should stay in the net. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, james o connor said:

Because he’s crap . If he was good I’d be all for it , But he isn’t . He’s 36, can’t kick , doesn’t command his box, is very injury prone, makes gaffs in every match he plays , the list goes on. Wildsmith is a better goalkeeper now , obviously he should stay in the net. 

Then where's the problem?

If he can't regain his form then he'll not play much.

If he can though, then he'll get some extended game time; is that a problem?

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

Then where's the problem?

If he can't regain his form then he'll not play much.

If he can though, then he'll get some extended game time; is that a problem?

To be honest I could t care what he does . It will just be a blessed relief when he’s finally out of contract . 

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, james o connor said:

To be honest I could t care what he does . It will just be a blessed relief when he’s finally out of contract . 

Well probably renew it again - like we've done 3 times before

Guest Grandad

Such a good job owlstalk didn't exist in the early 90s

Hirsty would have been absolutely crucified on here for his injury record

Paul Williams would have been hounded out of the club for not scoring enough

Viv Anderson - too old

Carlton Palmer - limited clogger

Chris Waddle - past his best

🙄

Just now, james o connor said:

You could've fooled me.

Even so, I'm really not sure why you're so opposed to Westwood actually competing for a place in the team.

Obviously Westwood will play again at some point for us even if he doesn't immediately come back in this time. Pulis remembers a player from a few seasons ago. It's an open question whether Westwood's actually up to it anymore. But it's an itch Pulis obviously has to scratch for himself.

When that happens, he'll not be in the team for long if he can't regain something of his form. It's really quite simple.