Pulis Speaking About Hutch

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Preston_North_End_v_Sheffield_Wednesday_highlights.gif.2c01cd31609a9c7301ecea4c30fcad08.gif

They were hurt before that as well. And you know that.

Shall we do this though? Shall we just go back and forth with a gallery of goalkeeping errors that our current crop of goalkeepers have made in the last couple of years.

How long before we're just forced to conclude again what most of us already know which is that we need new goalkeepers?

So we're back to where we started. Right now we don't have those new keepers so we have to find one from those we have. They've all made mistakes. ALL OF THEM. Not one has been convincing when played recently.

I'd still rather see whether a player that we at least know was excellent for us in the past can regain that form. If he can't then he can't and he's out of contract at the end of the season anyway.

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Let’s hope so as we have gone from winning games , taking shots , retaining possession and keeping clean sheets to none of those things. 

We might’ve been retaining possession and keeping clean sheets but taking shots and winning games is pushing it a bit.

8 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The two managers were n't exactly overburdened with testimonials and credentials though were they ! 

Some of you just dont want to see whats in front of you,like the man whose missus is having an affair,and their the last to know......I wont offer further as i have said earlier in the thread,its pointless because no one is changing their mind.

Q: These players are either long gone,or in the case of WW,injured..managers gone too.....New manager,yet the fan base is as divided as ever....

Thats quite a big testimonial...

17 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Two managers who are arguably the worst in recent history. Two managers who returned the worst win ratios we’ve seen since Terry Yorath.

Forgive me if I don’t trust their ability to manage at Championship level and manage players with different personalities. 

I’ve not looked at the stats but I’m pretty sure the win ratio of Tony Pulis will be the worst we’ve seen since Terry Yorath.

10 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Sheffield Wednesday may well miss the 2014/15 and 2015/16 version of Sam Hutchinson and the first half of 2016/17 version of Sam Hutchinson. But not the one of the more recent years, like Westwood he's not at that level anymore. It's sad but that's how it is. There's a reason he's playing for Pafos.

And he doesn't even f*cking play for us anymore, I don't know the context of the comments but if it's just a random afterthought from Pulis I really don't get it.

Exactly my thoughts,is he trying to win over aspects of the changing room remaining? over the departure of Hutchinson? guess we will never know,but its reignited division over the fan base(does he not know everyone wasnt an alleged fan of 'Hutch' ?)

What possible good can it do?

12 minutes ago, cowl said:

They were hurt before that as well. And you know that.

Shall we do this though? Shall we just go back and forth with a gallery of goalkeeping errors that our current crop of goalkeepers have made in the last couple of years.

How long before we're just forced to conclude again what most of us already know which is that we need new goalkeepers?

So we're back to where we started. Right now we don't have those new keepers so we have to find one from those we have. They've all made mistakes. ALL OF THEM. Not one has been convincing when played recently.

I'd still rather see whether a player that we at least know was excellent for us in the past can regain that form. If he can't then he can't and he's out of contract at the end of the season anyway.

Based on last season and this season, Westwood is on a retainer from Danny bakers video company.

He needs to sort his off the line timing , unless he has he can’t play.

12 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Had more shots on target in monks last match than all 4 of the Pulis games put together 

If we’re being pedantic, you could argue Pulis’ 2 goals in 4 games is better than Monk’s 6 in 11?

We can argue this all day but I would trust Pulis over Monk to keep us up any day of the week including Wednesday 😀

Just now, Jim said:

If we’re being pedantic, you could argue Pulis’ 2 goals in 4 games is better than Monk’s 6 in 11?

We can argue this all day but I would trust Pulis over Monk to keep us up any day of the week including Wednesday 😀

No wins tho :pulis:

tony ‘ no wins ‘ Pulis .

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Also of course , 6 in 11 is better than 2 in 4.

as are the 3 wins v no wins.

8 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Based on last season and this season, Westwood is on a retainer from Danny bakers video company.

He needs to sort his off the line timing , unless he has he can’t play.

Just repeats what I've said: if he can't regain his form he'll not be in the team long.

But one way or another this is something that will only be resolved out on the pitch on matchday.

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I think if you add all of TPs comments together and just read between the lines a little it’s clear he’s pointing out the terrible state Monk has left the changing room in.

Lack of spice

Lack of character

Lack of discipline

Holes in the squad

Players playing in the wrong position 

Lack of a winning mentality

etc

Hard to disagree. Monk was a truly terrible manager

I think that is a fair summary of the 'team' myself but monk inherited that,he didn't create it.....we can disagree and argue about that,if you wish,but earlier in another thread about 'poor players' (or similar) b4 monks departure,it was pointed out by many that GM started the season with some 7,or 8 was it? First team 'regulars' from the previous season?(not his players)

He than had one transfer window,where people tell me his choices were brought in,yet how many were picked or played? how many were injured? maybe he did have a say in recruitment but were they from just the available choices of who would come,and who we could afford?

Good players are not made 'bad'..poor systyms and choices can effect morale,which can effect performances..granted  but there were plenty of other things alleged that could too.....relegation by FFP,contracts ending & not being renewed,and on and on...

Very  easy to drop all that on monk....

4 minutes ago, cowl said:

Just repeats what I've said: if he can't regain his form he'll not be in the team long.

But one way or another this is something that will only be resolved out on the pitch on matchday.

Wildsmith doesnt deserve to be dropped on form....

All I can say is I have more faith in a Pulis team getting a result at Norwich than I would have of Monk.

I just think he keeps it simple and plays a formation that suit the players' attributes, which is a challenging exercise in itself.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Also of course , 6 in 11 is better than 2 in 4.

as are the 3 wins v no wins.

I suppose we’ll see over the course of the season. We’re in a mess and we need Pulis to sort it out. Hopefully he can?

31 minutes ago, parajack said:

I think that is a fair summary of the 'team' myself but monk inherited that,he didn't create it.....we can disagree and argue about that,if you wish,but earlier in another thread about 'poor players' (or similar) b4 monks departure,it was pointed out by many that GM started the season with some 7,or 8 was it? First team 'regulars' from the previous season?(not his players)

He than had one transfer window,where people tell me his choices were brought in,yet how many were picked or played? how many were injured? maybe he did have a say in recruitment but were they from just the available choices of who would come,and who we could afford?

Good players are not made 'bad'..poor systyms and choices can effect morale,which can effect performances..granted  but there were plenty of other things alleged that could too.....relegation by FFP,contracts ending & not being renewed,and on and on...

Very  easy to drop all that on monk....

Monk and Lukuhay have similar records with regards to results, performances and the way the squad was managed here. In fact Monk’s in comparison is worse.

That said Monk continues to get the kind of support from some sections of the fan base that Lukuhay could only dream of.

Pulis wouldn’t have been my first choice to replace Monk, that would’ve been Ryan Lowe. I do appreciate however that this job is hard for any manager never mind one just starting his managerial career. That’s why I understand the decision to appoint Pulis. He may or may not do a good job here but he is a better bet to do so than a lot of managers that we could’ve realistically attracted IMO?

32 minutes ago, cowl said:

Pulis will decide that.

What you mean he isnt going to ring me up and check first if i agree?......its a forum  FFS      people express views  ,others agree,or disagree...what do you think your little 'gem' proves?..other than stating the obvious?

• Like 2