Pulis Speaking About Hutch

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

What you mean he isnt going to ring me up and check first if i agree?......its a forum  FFS      people express views  ,others agree,or disagree...what do you think your little 'gem' proves?..other than stating the obvious?

It states the obvious on purpose so as to avoid repeating things that have been said many times.

But in any case, it's not always necessarily that a player ‘deserves’ to be dropped before another player to take their place.

Wildsmith pulled off a terrific stop against Reading, and yet a couple of minutes later he's making a hash of the chance that required Reach to miraculously clear off the line.

If Wildsmith is really to stave off the threat of Pulis putting Westwood back in once he's fit, he still has work to do. Cut out the sloppiness. Without doing that he'll not be convincing in that role. After all, it's nothing to do with Westwood, it's all about doing enough to convince Pulis we don't need another number one.

23 hours ago, Themagiccap said:

#BringbackHutch

its interesting that two experienced and respected managers have both had Westwood as first choice and want Hutch in their team. 

Hutch is is the perfect fit for a Pulis midfield. 

Also interesting that 2 of the worst managers in our history both isolated him from the team and results were dreadful. 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Monk and Lukuhay have similar records with regards to results, performances and the way the squad was managed here. In fact Monk’s in comparison is worse.

That said Monk continues to get the kind of support from some sections of the fan base that Lukuhay could only dream of.

Pulis wouldn’t have been my first choice to replace Monk, that would’ve been Ryan Lowe. I do appreciate however that this job is hard for any manager never mind one just starting his managerial career. That’s why I understand the decision to appoint Pulis. He may or may not do a good job here but he is a better bet to do so than a lot of managers that we could’ve realistically attracted IMO?

We know the records of both are dire Jim,but you have to dig down a bit mate & discuss why..JL for example came in and steadied the ship initially & with a run of injurys managed to do enough(with LJ & big daves goals) to ensure we didn't get in a relegation battle...We know where he finished up,same place monk did eventually after an excellent start...

Its not as simple as 'monk love' at least not in my case...I think myself the problems have been just too tough for both to turn around,monk hinted many times in his interviews about this....

Maybe one day we will get the full story,but many on here will be familiar with signing confidentiality' agreements so they cant speak out after leaving an employer,as part of a settlement...has monk? dont know....

Will TP be the latest in the S6 managers graveyard?.....I hope not

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, cowl said:

It states the obvious on purpose so as to avoid repeating things that have been said many times.

But in any case, it's not always necessarily that a player ‘deserves’ to be dropped before another player to take their place.

Wildsmith pulled off a terrific stop against Reading, and yet a couple of minutes later he's making a hash of the chance that required Reach to miraculously clear off the line.

If Wildsmith is really to stave off the threat of Pulis putting Westwood back in once he's fit, he still has work to do. Cut out the sloppiness. Without doing that he'll not be convincing in that role. After all, it's nothing to do with Westwood, it's all about doing enough to convince Pulis we don't need another number one.

An excellent post & a good read.....didnt need the stating the obvious.....we both knew who picked the team & why didn't we?...though you could argue Wildsmith had to pull his socks up similarly to take the shirt from Dawson(personally i never really understood why Jos preferred Dawson)

Will WW be more difficult to keep out/ For me Wildsmith deservs to stay on fitness & form...

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

An excellent post & a good read.....didnt need the stating the obvious.....we both knew who picked the team & why didn't we?...though you could argue Wildsmith had to pull his socks up similarly to take the shirt from Dawson(personally i never really understood why Jos preferred Dawson)

Will WW be more difficult to keep out/ For me Wildsmith deservs to stay on fitness & form...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Are you trying to tell me off?

Do you feel like you've been ‘dissed’, or something? It's like the reaction of a toddler that's had his arse spanked.

If Hutch was that amazing, then why on earth did no Championship club pick him up? Not one.

He's ended up playing for a mid-table team in Cyprus. 

The schizophrenic nature of our fans. 

We need new players, we need to move on...but we want to keep the same players who were good for us a few years back, irrespective of age, form, club finances and professionalism.

Also, we have no idea how Pulis would have taken to Hutchinson.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If Hutch was that amazing, then why on earth did no Championship club pick him up? Not one.

We need new players, we need to move on...but we want to keep the same players who were good for us a few years back, irrespective of age, form, club finances and professionalism.

Exactly, keep moving forward. 

It's the only way to go about things. 

12 hours ago, james o connor said:

One thing is a given , Wednesday fans will continue  to look backwards. 
like Westwood , he’s past it . We all wish we had better players, but let’s not pine for ones that wouldn’t improve the team just because They were popular . I’ve heard people say we should have Westwood , Hutchinson and Keira  lee back. All three are a huge backwards step 

Players are only a backward step if they’ve been replaced by better.

Pelupessy and Lluongo haven’t done enough yet.

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

Players are only a backward step if they’ve been replaced by better.

Pelupessy and Lluongo haven’t done enough yet.

Both are better bets than Sam Hutchinson in his current state . The fact chansiri has stuffed up the running of the club doesn’t mean we should pine for players way past their prime 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbh we have no idea whether a championship club came in for him, and if they did maybe he thought that he’s the wrong side of 30, injury ridden and so instead chose to finish his career on the Mediterranean with far less pressure 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Tbh we have no idea whether a championship club came in for him, and if they did maybe he thought that he’s the wrong side of 30, injury ridden and so instead chose to finish his career on the Mediterranean with far less pressure 

But that would then reinforce the fact that he probably wasn't the right fit for us anymore. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

But that would then reinforce the fact that he probably wasn't the right fit for us anymore. 

Oh yeah defo, I  just don’t agree with the notion that he must have ended up in Cyprus because no one came in for him here. I’d choose sunning it up in Paphos over joining a Reading/Millwall anyway of the week 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I'll ask Sean. I know sadly, and respectfully with the family in mind, that his lovely Daughter Tracey, sadly passed away some years ago.

Just a wonderful family, and Eric took no prisoners in that chair lol

I'm sorry to hear that sad news.

I had no idea about that.

But you're right, Eric took no prisoners.

I always remember sitting in that chair and reading the sign "Work is the curse of the drinking classes".

Happy days.

lol

• Love 1

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

He might have bad offers but preferred to go there. Jason Puncheon plays for them too and he would be plenty good enough for the championship 

We certainly need someone strong and good on the ball in there. Hutch had the ability but his injury and disciplinary record did let him down. Have fond memories of him for sure, but don't want him back now.

There must be a similar level player we can find in january. Africa has a load of tough buggers who can play in midfield, might be worth looking abroad. I've confidence we will actually find someone capable who will fit in now, unlike under Monk.

TP mentioned Hutch because he looking to bring in a similar type player who is hopefully younger and possibly better. Hutch did a job for swfc that nobody can do as good ATM as he DID it.  TP also highlighted another of Monks failings in not replacing players who even though were not in their prime Monks signings have shown to be no improvement on the players released.  

It will be interesting to see who TP signs and attempts to sign. It will show the ambition he has and what backing is coming from his boss. We need 3 or 4 good young hungry enthusiastic to base a team around. We have no backbone at all in the squad. We need a CM CF LB AND RW. If TP can get those 4 players right 1st time he could achieve something with us. Monk didn@t get 1 of his signings right. TP cant do much worse.