Pulis Speaking About Hutch

Guest wilyfox

He was. He isn’t now. Let’s just sign his replacement - something we should have done last window. Still cringe that Monk thought Joey was adequate cover.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

He was. He isn’t now. Let’s just sign his replacement - something we should have done last window. Still cringe that Monk thought Joey was adequate cover.

I think giving Pulapessy another contract was an indication of the modest budget we have.

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I know and our disciplinary record has been so good this year.

His 'replacement' (but nowhere near as good so far) has played 9 of the 15 games, picked up 5 yellows and is now suspended.

Hutchinsons last red card for Wednesday was Jan 20 2017 - and 60 appearances ago.

A different player a couple of years ago.  Hence why now he is not bossing the midfield of championship teams, instead he is out in Cyprus booting people in the air.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hutchinson's fitness didn't seem to be an issue last season either since he played the vast majority of the games up to February.

Luongo's availability, on the other hand, continues to be a source of frustration. Good player though.

One thing Hutchinson always had as a major mark against him was less his availability to start games, but rather to finish them without coming off injured—and often in the first half.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

A different player a couple of years ago.  Hence why now he is not bossing the midfield of championship teams, instead he is out in Cyprus booting people in the air.

Hutchinson could (and probably should) be playing at the back though. He's a far better defender than midfielder.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

Hutchinson could (and probably should) be playing at the back though. He's a far better defender than midfielder.

I am personally very happy with the central defenders this season, espec with iorfa back fit and a return to form for borner. I would not have SH ahead of any of Borner , Lees or Iorfa, and arguably not ahead of Flint.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hutchinson was more often than not chasing shadows when he played last season. I often wonder what his main attributes were other than the odd leg breaking tackle or keeping the medical staff busy. Goals no, assist no, a wide range of passing no, taking on a player no.

Those comments must have been from the medical team where his presence was often sat on their treatment couch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'll be blunt: the constant deepthroating from Wednesday fans of a player that can't even manage 50% of his new club's league games... in the Cypriot first division... is pathetic.

Get over him you jilted lovers

Do you remember when you used to constantly go on about how much you loved Hutchinson's hair?

I only mention it because it reveals so much about the parts in bold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

So far this season:

Westwood has played 100 minutes - the highlights being a howler and walking off injured.

Hutchinson was last seen flailing around a Cypriot pitch before earning a red card for nearly removing someones leg.

With no disrespect intended. Steve Bruce and Tony Pulis two very well respected and successful managers in football believed Hutchinson was a valuable asset to Sheffield Wednesday.

I’ll take their opinion over yours. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I am personally very happy with the central defenders this season, espec with iorfa back fit and a return to form for borner. I would not have SH ahead of any of Borner , Lees or Iorfa, and arguably not ahead of Flint.

Players come in and out of form all the time. Börner has good month but earlier in the season (and the last number of months of last season) he looked poor. Lees has been mostly good too, but he also has a tendency to go through sticky patches. The point is that it's no bad thing to have competition for places.