Pulis Speaking About Hutch

22 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I think the time was right to move Hutchinson on. The big issue for me was we didn’t replace him. Unfortunately Pelupessy isn’t someone who is ever going to establish himself as a 1st team player. 

I personally thought in the summer we neglected properly replacing Fox, Hutchinson and Fletcher. I’m pretty sure when Pulis talks about lacking in certain areas he means those positions. 

LB and Striker(s) we certainly didn’t replace. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sam had two offers from Championship clubs but turned them down to move abroad. That’s what I’ve heard anyway, and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. On a free transfer he’s still a good player at this level. 

If I was a 31 year old professional needing a club during a pandemic where the UK has been hit particularly hard. I’d jump at the chance to have a couple of years abroad and play football in a different country. I’m sure when Sam is grey and old he won’t be regretting moving to Cyprus sunning himself and experiencing something new.

Heard? mate of a mate?.....

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

I know and our disciplinary record has been so good this year.

His 'replacement' (but nowhere near as good so far) has played 9 of the 15 games, picked up 5 yellows and is now suspended.

Hutchinsons last red card for Wednesday was Jan 20 2017 - and 60 appearances ago.

Luongo is a better midfielder than Hutchinson.

All this forum has been banging on about since the Hudds play-off match and the departure of Carlos is that the squad failed/is tired/needs refreshing.

Then we get threads like this.

Like hating on your ex, dumping them and pining for them when your pissed.  Like football fans are fickle or sommet.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But but but he was a BAD EGG.

When will the people who slate Hutch and Westwood realise that the problem was the incompetent and weak managers not the players themselves? 

Something to be said for that Sal.

George Best was a wild child, but Sir Matt Busby got the best out of him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But but but he was a BAD EGG.

When will the people who slate Hutch and Westwood realise that the problem was the incompetent and weak managers not the players themselves? 

The fact that two of the most experienced managers out there in Tony Pulis and Steve Bruce had no qualms whatsoever in picking both of them speaks volumes about the other managers we’ve had.

Not going to lie, I think westwoods best days might be behind him. If Wildsmith can keep performing well consistently then I see no reason whatsoever to drop him as soon as Westwood is fit.

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

I think the time was right to move Hutchinson on. The big issue for me was we didn’t replace him. Unfortunately Pelupessy isn’t someone who is ever going to establish himself as a 1st team player. 

I personally thought in the summer we neglected properly replacing Fox, Hutchinson and Fletcher. I’m pretty sure when Pulis talks about lacking in certain areas he means those positions. 

We should have got a back up for him 5 years ago, he should have had someone who could step into his role after the play-off final

Everyone said at the time we were lacking a suitable back up for his injuries/disciplinary problems and it still hasn't been addressed correctly.

Instead we went out and paid over the odds for Abdi :ghoulguy: