Pulis on.... Reading Game

A wise old head doesn't feel the need to prove himself like some of the younger managers.

He's been around long enough to be able to demand a certain level of commitment while understanding that you can't make it a prison camp or the mood dies.  

I'm very optimistic that he will pull us out of the mire. 

If the chaps can try and make sure they all stay on the pitch that might make his job a wee bit easier too!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

In other words............ i need to get to January to get some bloody strikers in .

Well one thing is for sure. When the Chairman said he didn't want a yes man for his manager and wanted someone who'd tell him what was needed he certainly seems to have got one. He's been on about the striking department since the day he walked in the door. 

I think that message will be getting through. 

• Like 3

I understand the view of those who didn’t want him here and maybe never will. 
But for me I have been won over by Tony. 
He is what the club needs. Someone who has done this many times over. 
Many people (me included) think we would have lost last night under Monk. That is easy to say but difficult to prove but for me it’s based on what Pulis does that Monk never managed- to make the changes needed based on his experience of what would work. 
He did it last night, he did it against Swansea. Hopefully he will do it in January!

Also not a sniff, not even a tiny whiff of BullShiz about the man. Ultimately that is what will win a lot of Sheffield people over!

• Like 5

Parlay vs. parley

To parlay is (1) to place a bet as part of a series of bets using cumulative winnings; (2) more simply, just to bet; or (3) to maneuver something of advantage to receive something else of much greater value. To parley is to have a discussion, especially one between enemies or opposing sides. Both words also have corresponding noun senses: a parlay is a bet, and a parley is a discussion.

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I understand the view of those who didn’t want him here and maybe never will. 
But for me I have been won over by Tony. 
He is what the club needs. Someone who has done this many times over. 
Many people (me included) think we would have lost last night under Monk. That is easy to say but difficult to prove but for me it’s based on what Pulis does that Monk never managed- to make the changes needed based on his experience of what would work. 
He did it last night, he did it against Swansea. Hopefully he will do it in January!

Also not a sniff, not even a tiny whiff of BullShiz about the man. Ultimately that is what will win a lot of Sheffield people over!

I liked the bit about our not having any "spice" at the moment, but that we'll get there.

lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I liked the bit about our not having any "spice" at the moment, but that we'll get there.

lol

Agreed. No more ‘hard work and commitment will turn the corner’ BS. He knows what we lack. And will be trying his best to get it!

Good luck telling him ‘no- you can’t have it’ as well!

• Like 1