Would you employ this manager?

"The east Midlands club are still looking for their first win at the iPro Stadium, where they have scored just one goal. Following Saturday’s defeat at home against Blackburn Rovers, Pearson said that his players were “paralysed by fear”.

Nigel Pearsons last job in this league.

He sounds the perfect candidate to turn around our home form and goal scoring issues.

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So let's summarise..

Fans were screaming for The Cowleys to come because of their Points Per Game record and results - We didn't take them on -  they went to Huddersfield and imploded in failure

Fans are screaming for Paul Cook because of his Points Per Game record and results - (even though he's never finished above mid-table in the championship)

Fans were absolutely LIVID at Garry Monk and screaming for Chansiri to get rid of him due to his points per game record and results

I put the points per game and results record of a managers last three games that show them to be way way WAYYYYYYY worse than the above three but that's the one you want because of CONTEXT?

AYE

ALREYT THEN

lol

GET DA FOOOOOOOK OUTTA HERE

People were screaming for monks head becouse the football was poor, the organisation was poor.

Also we just weren't looking like scoring, even if your on a bad run, if your still getting some goals and look a threat there's always a chance by tightening things up aat the back you can get wins and probably most importantly for me, we couldn't buy a home win for nearly a year. 

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

People were screaming for monks head becouse the football was poor, the organisation was poor.

Also we just weren't looking like scoring, even if your on a bad run, if your still getting some goals and look a threat there's always a chance by tightening things up aat the back you can get wins and probably most importantly for me, we couldn't buy a home win for nearly a year. 

And you don’t think that if he got an increased points per game average that all of the above wouldn’t have gone away?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

"The east Midlands club are still looking for their first win at the iPro Stadium, where they have scored just one goal. Following Saturday’s defeat at home against Blackburn Rovers, Pearson said that his players were “paralysed by fear”.

Nigel Pearsons last job in this league.

He sounds the perfect candidate to turn around our home form and goal scoring issues.

I bet those calling for Pearson won’t even acknowledge you posted that

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And you don’t think that if he got an increased points per game average that all of the above wouldn’t have gone away?

Obviously it would mean we were scoring goals and posting more wins than we have been. The problem was though he wasn't. 

I've not been one of those spitting the dummy out and calling for his head at every opportunity, but he's had me concerned about our ability to stay up. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

No it isn't

Those are his actual real statistics and results from his last three managerial positions

One of those - really bad

Two on the trot - that makes you unemployable
Three on the trot - you should never manage again

On the above little bit no you wouldnt.

But when you look at the bigger picture, the 22 game was taking over a Watford side cut adrift at the bottom of the premiership after going through 3 managers that season before him... all of a sudden that stat doesnt look so bad.

The 57 game one again you look at it and its in the Belgian second division. A league known little to all and most probably the manager who took the job. Its a poor record tho.

The third one is not long enough to judge. Had a bad start at a club and was fired.

HOWEVER, put his Leicester Record on the end of that (second time if you like, or both with Hull in the middle) and then it all looks differently. 

So to answer your question. From the record you put up you wouldnt appoint anyone. Put the full picture up and COME HOME BIG NIGE

• Like 2

Hasn't Pearson said he doesn't want to manage us? Would Mr Chansiri be happy to appoint a manager who may well have played a part on the George Hirst move?

Personally, I don't want club legends managing us - I'd make an exception for a top-end manager. Chris Turner and Danny Wilson were part of "that" team and their reputation had the gloss taken off it thanks to horrific managerial spells with us - I'd rather the same didn't happen with Pearson too.

Also, he's the absolute example of a Jekyll and Hyde manager if ever there was one! It'll be either "Pearson had a dream to build..." or damn awful Jos-style, it's highly unlikely there would be an in between, a balance, with Pearson.

I want someone who will get the team working hard, pressing, playing decent football, and is consistent and reliable. Pearson might offer us the hard work/pressing/decent football, but the other two, forget it! Who that manager would be mind, I can't think of anyone who would come here right now who fits that.

Can't see someone like Pearson working with DC.

On top of his previous comments about managing in Sheffield and recent health issues it seems an unlikely pairing.

Similarly any other 'Name'...

So we will either dipping into the unknowns from Europe... please NO.

Or we are looking at the likes of Cook, Cowley or Lowe who are amongst only a few with any sort of record, be it mixed, recent or lower league success and hope they can operate at a higher level.

Be taking a punt again but won't we in any circumstances.

LOWE for me in this situation.

18 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm baffled by this.

We've had plenty of discussions on here calling for consideration of the wider context when discussing Monk's managerial career, and yet here we are dismissing another manager with no consideration of the contexts in which they were working.

Nope - we've had the opposite

We've had people saying Monk should be judged on results alone no matter what mitigating circumstances exist like lack of coaching staff, lack of spending, FFP, EFL, Points deductions etc etc

We've had the same about Jordan Rhodes and his lack of scoring

Day in day out day in day out we've been told it's results only that matter

So I post some results and say 'here you go then - explain  why you would want THIS manager' and all of a sudden everyone's like 'yeah but you can't just judge on results alone'

lol

(note - I fully expected this - it's no different to everyone denying they were calling for The Cowleys to come here last time, after they imploded into failure dust at Huddersfield)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope - we've had the opposite

We've had people saying Monk should be judged on results alone no matter what mitigating circumstances exist like lack of coaching staff, lack of spending, FFP, EFL, Points deductions etc etc

We've had the same about Jordan Rhodes and his lack of scoring

Day in day out day in day out we've been told it's results only that matter

So I post some results and say 'here you go then - explain  why you would want THIS manager' and all of a sudden everyone's like 'yeah but you can't just judge on results alone'

lol

(note - I fully expected this - it's no different to everyone denying they were calling for The Cowleys to come here last time, after they imploded into failure dust at Huddersfield)

Bang on, well said that man