Would you employ this manager?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Results are results

Facts is facts

What is your opinion on eddie howe? Last 5 seasons of roughly just over a point a game at bournemouth, including a relegation.

Looking at those pure 'stats' no one should touch howe with a barge pole.  I reckon most championship chairmen would think differently if they are looking for a change.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

That is Nigel Pearsons record because i was looking at the same information last night.

personally, i would go for Paul Cook. 43.1% managerial record but doesn't reflect the last few jobs - including nearly 42% at Wigan.

always talks well of us - i think it'd be a more progressive appointment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can only go by a managers record

Results are results

I can do by what I like, and I tend to find statistics with context are better to use, I don't even know what manager this is referring too and haven't decided who I'd even want yet.

From a purely academic side, statistics without context are pointless and can be used to reach incorrect conclusions.

The value comes in pairing statistics with more qualitative data and analysing and comparing using that.

Why do the clubs involved matter?

Would you sign Jordan Rhodes? He's  been playing in a side that's really struggling?

I’d sign Rhodes ahead of Marriott, Paterson and Kachunga.

As far as the manager is concerned, yes, the clubs matter a lot. Moyes’ points record at West Ham is worse than his record at Man U, but where has he been more “successful”?

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, elated owl said:

That is Nigel Pearsons record because i was looking at the same information last night.

personally, i would go for Paul Cook. 43.1% managerial record but doesn't reflect the last few jobs - including nearly 42% at Wigan.

always talks well of us - i think it'd be a more progressive appointment.

Boooo

You spoiled a good thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

He took over a dead and buried Watford side who were bottom of the league in December with 1 win in 15 and 7 points adrift. 

He left them 3 points ahead of the relegation zone before being sacked by the notoriously trigger happy Watford owners. 

In that time he averaged 1.18 PPG. Over a 38 game period in the PL that equates too 44 points which would have had him finish 13th. 

But somehow that’s being portrayed as a “poor job” 

Edited by 0114
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That's what those shouting for The Cowleys last time and calling for Paul Cook this time are saying

So where do you draw the line, a semi professional manager who wins 90% of his games would not be a suitable candidate.

So let's summarise..

Fans were screaming for The Cowleys to come because of their Points Per Game record and results - We didn't take them on -  they went to Huddersfield and imploded in failure

Fans are screaming for Paul Cook because of his Points Per Game record and results - (even though he's never finished above mid-table in the championship)

Fans were absolutely LIVID at Garry Monk and screaming for Chansiri to get rid of him due to his points per game record and results

I put the points per game and results record of a managers last three games that show them to be way way WAYYYYYYY worse than the above three but that's the one you want because of CONTEXT?

AYE

ALREYT THEN

lol

GET DA FOOOOOOOK OUTTA HERE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop